Monday, August 02, 2010

Long Weekend

I put in two hours of overtime so I could take Friday off last week. I came to work today completely overwhelmed at the amount of crap I have to do because I was gone one measley day.

This, my friends, is why I will in all likelihood lose 8 days of vacation time come December 31. Vacations aren't worth it when you spend all day worrying about when work is going to call and how much shit is going to be waiting for you because your bosses don't like using their back-up secretaries.

But, I did have a lot of fun and got a lot done on the day I wasn't whoring my secretarial skills out for money.

Friday we went to the Jersey Shore.

100_9250
100_9259

Someone did NOT like the crashing waves and was totally freaked out by them. But he loosened the death grip on me enough so I could trade off with Dr. Mad Scientist to frolick in the water.

Maybe next year he won't cling to me like a barnacle.

Saturday was chores and spinning.

100_9277

Sunday was busy.

100_9268
100_9273

Salsa.

100_9274

Cookies (Salted Peanut Chews--delish!)

And turning these beauties...

100_9270

...into this!
100_9275

Holy crap, AWESOME pie! But those peaches are some of the best I've ever tasted, so it wasn't hard to make a delicious pie!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some work I brought home with me I need to do. Joy.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Wow, you sure manage to fit a lot into your weekends! I don't know how you do it.

Poor Moochie! I'm totally jealous of how clean your Jersey beaches look compared to our pitiful Lake Erie beaches here in Cleveland. Our water only looks blue when you're looking at it from a good far distance, like across the street, ha, ha!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Peanut chews? Me needs recipe for hubby,, pretty please!!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh yeah, I hear ya on the vacation thing, when we have stat holidays, the whole dept has to rush to get 5 days of work done in 4. Cause people still need their meds, even if it IS a stat.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Crap! That's what happens when you are fabulous at what you do! I know the feeling! ;)

Alexa used to do that at fireworks! Hopefully next year he'll enjoy it!

Oh and um, recipe!! Peanut chews! please!

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that is why I did get a call Sunday! You were busy pie-ing and salsa-ing!

Dang they look good!

Love, Mom

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's did NOT get a call!


Love, Mom

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's did NOT get a call!


Love, Mom

12:49 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

yay long weekend! i'm envious of your salsa.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Mmmm ... Salsa! ... and peach pie ... oh, my!

Everything looks yummy ... including that beautiful sunny beach day! We all went to the beach the other evening. The water was a balmy 59° :), but, hey, once we got in it, it was nice ;).

9:01 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Why is it that they don't know/like to use their back up assistants when you are gone? I completely know the feeling. But I've made it very well known that I will get to the work when I get to it, and I don't bring work home. My family time is very important, and my job comes second to it. Thankfully no one has ever tried to cross that line. :)

Uhm, peach pie....I would have come up to visit you from the SHORE if I had known!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Wow, you accomplished a lot! Poor Mooch needs longer legs. The peaches *are* really good this year... and it's not too hot to bake at the moment. Hm....

12:30 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

HAHAHAHA, that picture of Moochie is totally cracking me up! I mean, I feel bad for him, but HAHAHAHAHAHA!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Whoa, looks like Mooch was NOT happy. Poor baby! Glad you had a day off.

Dude, don't let your vacay go to waste. Use it and just let them manage without you for a week. You need a break from the attorneys or you'll go postal one day.

Ok, please say there is a recipe for peanut chews coming. Please??

6:33 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

I would be very crankypants if I had to flush eight vacation days. You'd think if you were out for over a week, they'd figure out how to live without you, even a little bit. Bah.

In happier news, your mad kitchen skillz make me jealous.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

Don't they reimburse you for vacation not taken OR can't you carry it over into next year? I hope you do not lose it all together. That is not fair, but what is, right?

4:46 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I hope they give you money for the vacation time that doesn't roll over. Mr. SABLE's employers have typically done that.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Two peanuts were walking down the street. One was assaulted.

Call your mother.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home