Monday, August 30, 2010

You know how I hate bandwagon knitting.

But I also love mindless knitting.

What's a girl to do?

Giddyup!

100_9512

Photographing your own head sucks! I miss my bathroom medicine cabinet "tripod!"

Details--

Pattern: Sockhead hat (Google away, it's Monday and I'm too lazy to link!)

Needles: US2

Yarn: Online Yarn in some color number. Is it so hard to name your colors? I guess so.

Notes: I knit this as a gift. I really like it! I didn't think I would since I'm not really a hat person, but this is a cute casual hat. I didn't modify the pattern much other than I know I didn't cast on the right number of stitches; I think I was off a few (but less than 10). Not a problem. The decreases are the only place it really matters (well ,and the ribbing) and I was able to compensate for it easy enough just by fudging along.

100_9510

This hat hits the bullseye in terms of mindless fast knitting. And I used up a ball of sock yarn that had been languishing in my stash for too long.

I hope the recipient of this hat likes it.

I do.

So much so I've cast on another one--for me!

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Haha..the sockhead sickness continues, neat colors!...sigh mine has been car knitting for like.. months. Howevah, I cannot knit on it when said 16yr old is driving...eek!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! That is a cute hat! Is it MINE? LOL!!

Are you letting your hair grow?

Love, Mom

12:40 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Be very, very careful.....these things are really, really addicting....in fact, you may already be doomed.....cute hat though!

1:22 AM  
Blogger Peri said...

Yup might have to jump on this bandwagon myself. Been reading about Christies ones as well as yours - kind of love it.

3:39 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Very cute hat! I love a good slouchy hat for my big old noggin.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I like it! Looks comfy.

5:57 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Now you see why I've made 3 and am planning a fourth already. It's a really good looking hat and it's such a comfy knit. Gotta love mindless!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I like it and I'm not a hat person either. I started a pair of self striping plain stockinette socks for my niece for my mindless knitting. I'm being kept amused by the stripes.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Does this mean that I will be casting on for another one when I'm done with mine? Maybe I'll make one for the kid....

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the hat & the colors. Love, Aunt Susan

8:31 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

very nice! i've been meaning to make one from handspun or MCN but haven't gotten around to it yet.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Shrinky Inky said...

you almost make me want to knit again ;0) great for bad hair days!

9:42 AM  
Blogger janna said...

Yes, I plan on making several of those myself! I've already decided that the Sockhead will be my knitting for the conferences I go to in October.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Very cute hate. I have lots of sock yarn I have bought on a whim - I really should make this hat.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

Yours is one of the best looking ones that I have seen so far.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

How verrrry interesting...not that you'd know it by looking at my blog...but I've got one on the needles as well...it's a bandwagon? I'm sooooo out of all the knitting reading loops.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I love it.

5:11 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

That turned out great! Who wouldn't love a sockhead hat? I may be jumping on that bandwagon myself this weekend...

6:57 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I didn't know about this bandwagon. I have made one something like it anyway.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

i have wanted a floppy hat for sooooo ong. This hits the want on the head. AND I have a Zauberball sock yarn that I want to use, but not for socks. Hmmm....Thanks!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home