Tuesday, September 14, 2010

78-102

That's 78 days till Hanukkah and 102 days til Christmas.

How's your holiday knitting coming??

I'm on the ball!

100_9540

The sockhead hat ball that is!

I was going to keep this one for myself, but I think I'm going to gift it.

100_9553

When I get excited, the hat rises!

Never fear procrastinators!!!

I've got something that will make your hat rise!

giftlet cover

It's the Knitcircus Special Gifts Issue!

Check out those glovelets! I'm a total sucker for a picot edge. My inner girlie-girl coming out I guess.

Remember to check it out on Wednesday, September 15! Don't be a scrooge! Even if you think knitting gifts for unappreciative unibrowed uncles that may or may not be related to you because that limb of your family tree is a little "shady," it's OK!

No one ever said the things you're going to find in the Special Gifts Issue you have to give as gifts!

Finally, before I go, I'll share my personal favorite part of the gift issue--the gratuitous cookie p o rn!

rugelach

oat cherry bites

cookie5

Because what's a holiday without COOKIES?!

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh those cookies look good! Love the sockhead hat especially. What yarn is that you used?

7:37 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Holidays do not exist without cookies. Love the hat!

You make me cry with Christmas countdowns. I am SO far behind!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

giggle!! I think you knit a "special" sockhead hat! Yum..cookies...can't think of holidays yet this year, I could be moving...hmmm

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I have been thinking of holiday sewing, too! Well...replace sewing with knitting and it is the samething!!

Those cookies look really YUMMY!!

Love, Mom

11:46 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Love the hat! Going to go check out that gift knits issue now!

5:36 AM  
Blogger Peri said...

Love the high rise sockhead - awesome.

Christmas doesn't get mentioned here till the end of November!

But mentioning anything cookie related is OK.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Knitcircus really is done well.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

I am a scrooge. I don't buy magazines anymore either in print or online.

I have one more gift to knit, and I am pretty much done w/ Christmas knitting. I will make some cookies to give out, but that is it!

9:28 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

love the cookie pics!

that hat looks awesome. i swear i will get around to knitting one of these someday.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

you just HAD to say the 'H' word. holiday........

11:40 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I don't even want to know how many days there are until Christmas - somehow I think this is going to be a very lazy Christmas on my part. Christmas means I only have 6 weeks to go in my pregnancy...

7:03 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

I can't figure out WHAT I want to make for people for Christmas. Guess I'd best start figuring it out!

9:20 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

I can't even think about next week, let alone Christmas! *head in sand*

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home