Sunday, September 05, 2010

Like A Good Neighbor

No, this isn't a blog post about State Farm.

Although it could be.

Have you seen their commercials lately?

With that weird ass dude that's always lurking in the crowd, listening in on your conversations and turning them into a reason why you should use State Farm Insurance?



Lose the Members Only jacket dude!

This commercial bothers me because there should NOT be this much sexual tension in an advertisement about insurance.



Enough with the "come screw me" looks dude! Just kiss your insurance agent already! I'll bet that iPhone isn't the only thing in his pocket he wants to show Larissa! Sweep that step file, pencil cup and date stamp off that desktop and just get it on already!!

I might actually consider buying State Farm insurance if they had a commercial like that.

Ok, obviously I've gone off on a tangent and lost the original message of this post.

I'm talking about good neighbors.

We had planned to toodle into NYC yesterday to watch the Colorado v. Colorado State opening season football game at a sports bar and restaurant where the CSU-NYC Alumni Association was having a get together. It was to be the only game on TV we were going to watch this year since there are no games on ESPN, ESPN 2, or Versus this year. Bummer.

But that trip would have cost us some dough that would be better spent on school supplies for Dr. Mad Scientist (I dropped $30 making copies at FedEx/Kinko's half an hour before they closed the night before school started).

But the main reason we didn't go was because of Basement Neighbor.

Earlier Dr. Mad Scientist was griping about how there were to be no televised games for his team this year to Basement neighbor.

Well, Basement Neighbor works for a TV Installation Company so he's very handy in that department--and he left us a note on our front door Saturday morning that he had set up the TV in the back yard (yes, weird, I know) to receive The Mountain, which is the regional Colorado sports channel that carries all the Mountain West team sports.

I asked him how much we owed him since he had to add this to his package--he said no worries.

So on Saturday we got to watch our beloved Colorado State Rams play football.

Now if only they had won or made the game worthwhile...but that's a different story.

You can bet as the season progresses, Dr. Mad Scientist will be in the back yard watching football rain, shine, or snow! Ha ha!

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That's so awesome! You really lucked out with your neighbors this time around. Zorba never would have done that.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Cool! You can tailgate and watch at the same time :0

12:17 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Wow! After Zorba, you deserve some nice neighbors, but you've been extra lucky this time!

1:04 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Sweet! What a great neighbor!

And I haaaaaaate those State Farm commercials. So much, I almost want to switch to another insurance carrier.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I'm so glad you ended up with such cool neighbors. You earned them after Squirrel Gables :-)

1:58 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Yey for awesome non-creepy members only jacket wearing neighbors!

The last time I saw any of mine, was the fire...after a whole lotta people moved out...and apparently I now live on the floor with the most "corporate" apartments...which means 90% of the people I see are only here for a few months at the most. I feel like I live in a hotel now.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

That's great that he hooked you guys up! Enjoy!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Good neighbors are priceless. Our neighbor's husband just passed away, and we took our favorite Chocolate Delirium Torte over to her. Before we could leave, she gave us all of the produce from her husband's garden.

I'm lovin' that your neighbor hooked up the game for you - very cool!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is GREAT! I know Dr MS is not the only one to enjoy that!! I know Chunky enjoys his football! Go Rams!

Love, Mom

9:20 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow, you've got some generous neighbors, buying a bike for Chunky, and hooking you guys up with that TV station! I feel fortunate just having neighbors on both sides of my house, who don't seem to mind that my cat likes to lounge in the middle of their driveways, while grooming her "private parts", LOL!

Members Only jackets - I remember those, ha, ha!

10:39 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Payoff for all those years living under Zorba's roof. There are few things in life better than kick-ass neighbors.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

Hopefully you guys can do something nice for the neighbor.

3:09 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

What a good neighbor to have!

btw, my dad sold State Farm for years. You can imagine who carries our car insurance and homeowners.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I find it is generally a mistake to look up from my knitting, especially during commercials.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

nifty neighbour!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like this was a great move for you guys. Sounds like you have awesome neighbors. I'm thinking some of your awesome cookies would be a great snack for watching the game. Love, Aunt Susan

9:38 AM  
Blogger Cindy in Happy Valley said...

Wow!! Just Wow....Go Buffalo(? or insert appropriate mascot here).

Me thinks Basement Neighbor will be getting his fill of delightful goodies.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

That is a good neighbor! I bet you get some classic pictures of Dr. MS sitting in the snow to watch.

My hubby mourns that we don't get every Eagles game.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home