Friday, September 24, 2010

My Mom Is the Bestest!

Sorry dear readers, it's true. My Mom is the coolest.

Why?

Because she sends me packages that contain...

100_9589

An old school how-to-knit comic book and a collection of surprisingly timeless sweater patterns from Red Heart from 1968.

But the best part of the package?

Well, first a little back story.

Back when I was a young Bezzie, and not EVEN a Bezzie--I was just a girl who had only met Mr. Bez...I turned 18. And sometime around then, Everyone's Favorite Blog Mom made me a pig quilt.

Oh how I loved my quilt. I brought it to college, I slept under it as a newly-wed-Bezzie, I conceived a Chunky and a Moochie under (or around) that quilt, I brought that quilt with me to four states, and a certain cat (Springs!) likes to bite whatever blanket I'm sleeping under and hump me in the middle of the night.

You can tell where this is going; the quilt I got when I was 18 was starting to show it's age.

100_9581

Doesn't look too bad from a distance huh?

100_9583

Not so much up close.

Poor thing. The back was even worse.

100_9586

That flappy of fabric was driving me bonkers in bed!

I approached my Favorite Mommy with a request: Could she make me a new quilt?

Wow, it was like pulling hen's teeth -- NOT! She was all over it!

Maybe 2 months after I asked her if she'd make me one, look what came in the mail today!!

100_9577

I LOVE IT!!!

The best part? Oh that would be the little kitty cat patch in the middle...

100_9580

I guess that's so Springs knows where to sleep on/hump me at night!

You can't tell, but the back is pieced with three different lady bug prints.

100_9579

This matches the...

100_9588

Ladybug pillow case she made me!!!!

See? I told you she was the Bestest!

Labels:

22 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

OMG! Love it!! Very touching to see, and know that I'm not the only one that gets stuff from my mom at *hammanahammana* years old ;-) I'm presently angling for flannel pillow replacements. Yay for crafty Mamas!

8:32 PM  
Blogger janna said...

That's so sweet of her! She is certainly one of the top two moms! ;-)

9:15 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Awesome! I love both of those quilts. You are a lucky lucky Bezzie!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

It is simply gorgeous! Sigh, I remember when my mom had made mother/daughter dresses for me and my younger sis. We didnt mind wearing them at all!

OH,, and on a last note,,,, your cat humps you? I wont ask again.

11:42 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

Aww your mom is so sweet. I love the quilt & pillow your mom is great. Hopefully wit the cat patch your cat will only lay on that spot and not try & hump you anymore lol.

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Your mom is the bestest!

7:17 AM  
OpenID pyewacketsid said...

Oh, that is just stunning. Rock on, BezMom! Love the pattern and the colors.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Your mom is AWESOME! What a gorgeous quilt, and I LOVE the quilt block pattern. She's an artist ... and now, I understand where you get it from ;).

8:27 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Yey Bezzie's Mom!

Definitely super high in the mom rankings, no doubt!

I have to say I do not miss the colorful antics of animals during the late night hours...not one bit.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Wow, that quilt is beautiful! I love it. Seriously, your mom is the best!! My mom doesn't craft so I don't have any cool things like that from her.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

What an awesome mom you have! LOL about Springs!

I still have my pink baby blanket that my dad bought me the day I was born, and that I came home from the hospital in. It's my most prized and irreplaceable possession (besides my kids' baby pictures, of course). I sleep with it every night, take in on vacation, and when I was in the ICU after my colon ruptured back in 2001, my husband brought it to the hospital for me. I've had it since I was born, and I'm going to keep it until the day I die (which hopefully will be a long time from now!). Since my dad passed away, the blanket is even more meaningful to me.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you don't remember saying you didn't want any dead cat hide on your quilt? You know me that was the closest I could come to touching a cat! Dead or alive!!

Glad you all like! If I had known I had the ladybug fabric it would have been on the front! Thanks to your Youngest Sister's friend Heather I down sized my freezer and there in one of the plastic bins was the ladybug fabric! (YES! you read that right I had fabric in my freezer! With all the No Good Niks out of the house I had to do something to make that huge thing more energy efficient!)

Love, Mom

1:41 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

What a great quilt! I love it when all you have to do is ask and Voila! You get a present in the mail. That's what makes a mom the bestest (and the fact that she loves you no matter what)

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Nik Budnik said...

LUCKY! Gene's fish quilt in in shreds. And I think Eugenie was conceived under it too! Nice new quilt :) Liam sleeps with the fish pillowcase your mom made Gene a looooooooooog time ago, and Eugenie sleeps with one she made in 2001!

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Nik Budnik said...

Oh and A Christmas Cardigan out of the vintage pattern thing would be just swell. Hint.
:)

12:06 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Your new quilt is awesome -- complete with a "kitty, hump here!" patch. Love it.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

It's gorgeous - I love how vibrant thr colours are.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Woollycraft Workshops said...

So lovely....she really is the best :-)

2:42 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

No argument here! That is an awesome quilt. And knitting comic book? I'm all a geekenvy.

8:16 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

VERY cool! Nicely done, Bezzie's mom!

Verification word is "nuter" Makes me think Springs could learn a bit from that suggestion ...

10:34 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

that is one beautiful quilt! and i'm looking forward to the commentary on the vintage pattern book.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Cool quilt and pillowcase! Now you can pack away your pig one (which is really cool too! :)

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home