Thursday, September 30, 2010

Oh Snap!

I swear I'm knitting. But it's all top secret!

You're going to have to settle for sewing-related posts.

You might remember the JJ Blouse I made.

I have come to realize that I'm not scared of buttonholes on a blouse, I just hate doing them. It's a cross-garment hate. I hate doing buttonholes (I started typing "buttholes" there for a sec!) when I'm knitting sweaters too.

On my JJ Blouse I used pearl snaps.

Have I mentioned how much I love that blouse? I ironed the collar down and it's really cute. I wear it at least once a week.

I want to make another one.

But I didn't have the right color snaps. I haven't been able to find snaps anywhere except online. And online the only ones I've found in the right size for my snap setter (size 16, as if you care) have been at Cowgirl Snaps on Etsy.

Using some of my birthday funds (because Dr. Mad Scientist still hasn't gotten a paycheck yet!) I bought a custom bag of 48 snaps. You get to mix and match your colors. I ordered 5 of a few different colors I could see myself wearing shirts out of.

A few days later my fat little envelope o'snaps came in the mail.

I opened it up and thought to myself, "Hm, I don't remember ordering some of these colors."

Sure enough, she had sent me the other type of 48 snap sampler package--the 2 of every color package.

Now if I hadn't been wanting to make another JJ Blouse with snaps, this would have been a fine mix up. But I want my snaps to match!

I jotted off a quick email to Cowgirl Snaps alerting them to the situation and offered to send back the 2-color-of-each sampler pack.

Within a day she had written me back apologetic for the mix up and said she'd get my right order right out the door and I could keep the 2-color-sampler pack!

100_9602
Someday I'll take the time to take nice pictures of stuff!


To conclude--two thumbs up for Cowgirl Snaps! Lovely snaps and even better customer service!

And I don't have to make buttholes buttonholes!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger janna said...

That pile of snaps is so pretty!

7:58 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Ooh, nifty! My favorite LQS had a demo recently on their snap-setter. Made me want to find something to add snaps ... linky: http://www.checkerdist.com/products/31114SS

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a lot of snaps!! Cool colors also! Why not mix the colors on a blouse? If you used a print fabric you could bring out two or more of the colors in the print!
Hey! I don't remember you showing the socks you knit me for making your quilt!! See everyone I did have incentive to make her that quilt!

Love, Mom

11:37 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I haven't used a snap setter in years. I don't even know if I still have one (although I don't remember throwing it away). I don't know what it is about buttonholes but I don't like them either. Knitted ones are ok, but sewn ones are a pita.

There are some pretty colors there. I'm with Mom, I'd mix the colors and use one of each.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

That IS a nice picture. And a nice blouse too. wtf with Dr MS's paycheck!!!

8:09 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

buttonhole haters unite! i don't like dealing with buttons on knitted garments either. i find the entire process of looking for and procuring buttons to sewing them on exhausting.

lovely snap picture. now what will you do with the sampler?

8:27 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

They look like little jewels!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

I've never used snaps. Are they better than buttons?

I love when a seller is aweosme that way. Makes you go back there for more business later!

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home