Saturday, October 02, 2010

360

Now for a 360 into a better direction.

It's got to be a fast post today since a certain someone tends to monopolize the computer all weekend.

And I have to do my Saturday morning cleaning.

100_9411

On Wednesday (or maybe it was Thursday...) Dr. Mad Scientist checked the status of his chemistry certification online to find that it read:

ISSUED

Woot!

My husband is now officially a pegasus!

pegasus

Pegasuses are what I call people certified in both biology and chemistry. They're rare, but not as rare as unicorns.

unicorn

Unicorns are people certified to teach biology, chemistry AND physics. Very rare and highly valuable.

Because plain old biology teachers are sadly, a dime a dozen.

dimeadozen

Of course add a Special Ed cert to any of these certificates and you become like a Level 10 fire breathing dragon...

dragon

Now...I wonder how long it will take before he can get HR to call him back about signing a contract--ha ha!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Congrats! I am so glad they sorted that out! Hopefully he can sign the contract soon.

BTW, your kids help clean? Getting Pi to help clean is like pulling teeth. I'm going to have to show her this post!

7:51 AM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Congrats to Dr. Mad Scientist!

And, Bezzie, enough with all the wizards and shit! Muahahaha!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yay for the Pegasus! Sadly, I am one of those dime-a-dozen bio-certified only teachers. (That's the same phrase my department chair uses.) I voluntarily teach the ESE kids with a coteacher, but I refuse to get the ESE certification because that would doom me to a career teaching ONLY these kids, with NO coteacher. So, yes, having that certification does make you extremely rare (what was that? fire-breathing dragon something something?), but it also sets you down a certain career path, at least in my district. I prefer having my options.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

If they're smart, they'll snap him up.

Since my oldest daughter is unemployed, she is in charge of the housecleaning each week. In a way, I'm not looking forward to her getting a job anytime soon. I like not having to spend most of Saturday cleaning the house. But, she has a job interview on Tuesday and I suppose I should think good thoughts for her.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You have those boys trained real GOOD!! Even the Moochman is cleaning!! Love the picture!

YAY!! DR. Mad Scientist! We knew you could do it! Fingers crossed that HR is going to do their job.

Love, Mom

11:12 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Congrats to hubby!! Hehe I need your secret in getting boys to do stuff ;)

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

:-)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Congratulations to Dr. Mad Scientist. Hopefully those dozens of dimes will start rolling in!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

My boys are good. But not THAT good!

Congrats to Dr MS. Now, may your bank account(s) be forever filled ;0)

7:37 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

1. Yay, helpers to do your cleaning!, 2. YAY, paycheck!, 3. TRIPLE YAY! on the chem certification. Very impressive.

9:29 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Congrats Dr. MS!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home