Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Argh!

Another decent day to post but alas this time it's not a hungry Blogger eating my posts, it's work sucking me dry.

I love pro bono work. It means my bosses don't want to work on it and most of it gets dumped on me because I don't bill for my time.

Hells yeah.

Never mind you that when I end up with shit like this it takes me beyond the job description of "secretary."

And we can't have that!

100_9638

Because if I wasn't called a secretary, they wouldn't be able to pay me less!

100_9639

Because if they paid me more, it would mean I'd have extra money to pay for the 13% increase they're making us pay for our healthcare this upcoming year.

100_9641

Because if they paid me more, I'd be able to pay for my glasses out of pocket because they deleted the paltry coverage we used to have for vision in our new plan.

100_9642

But I shouldn't bitch because I'm employed right? Right? Some people don't have jobs. And those of us who are overworked and stretched to the max working for anywhere from five to seven bosses a day who think their projects are the ONLY thing I have to do all day shouldn't complain. I should be happy? Right? Right?

100_9645

Honestly, I'd even fore go a raise at this point if they would just HIRE MORE HELP FOR PEOPLE WHO NEED IT. They keep hiring part time people or when they do hire a new secretary, they assign her three people.

THREE?

I want to work for just three people! Actually I'd settle for four. Five is my breaking point. I'm barely keeping my head above water and my attitude (as you can see) is really suffering.

100_9637

It's damn good thing I've got my men at home and my hobbies, or you'd be reading about a crazed secretary making a chain of paperclips and rappelling off an office building in downtown Newark trying to escape to sweet freedom!!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger DPUTiger said...

Nice pumpkin guts!

Do they realized how overworked you are? I've had work stretches like that and could deal because I knew they were temporary. This doesn't sound temporary. And that doesn't sound OK. Hang in there!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yum pumpkin and cutie pies! Gah..that sucks on the job/insurance crap!!! Yes, I am very thankful for my family and hobbies as well!

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh! That sucks! Thank Goodness for your men!

The pumpkin looks good! I am surprise though that that stem is not in that Little Boy's mouth!

Thank you for hobbies!

Love, Mom

9:50 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Or a secretary arrested for shooting lethal paperclips at seven targeted people in an unnamed law office.....

Being overworked constantly is more draining than anything.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Now that DrMS is employed, maybe it's time for you to take a break and get your ass into law school. Then you can earn the big bucks :0)

I don't think it's bad to bitch about your job. Maybe they will hire more people when you actually don't get every single thing done. You have a limit right?

And don't get me started on the healthcare thing!!!!!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Can you call me when you are ready to rapel down the side of a building using paperclips? I want to see that with my own eyes. I'm only a 20 minute train ride, if that long from Newark.

8:30 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

somehow i picture you cutting into that pumpkin with...enthusiasm.

sorry about the job stress.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Cindy in Happy Valley said...

Heh...you're not alone. In neither the "stretched" department nor the HOW MUCH DID OUR HEALTH CARE GO UP???? department. Let me clarify. We got one small cost of living increase in two years. This year, our parking went up, health care went up 10% overall, but they instituted a "co-insurance" fee for labwork AND surgeries and procedures. (I call it a "gouge the sick" policy.) Our physician co-pay went up 33%. I'm so glad the "bill" is going to control costs....I guess that meant after they went through the roof to pay for it. I have a friend who is scheduled to have TWO knee replacements concurrently because he won't be able to afford it next year. Rehab is going to be a nightmare!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Companies are taking advantage of "you should be happy you have a job" which sucks!

You've got some pretty great men in your life! And a freezer full of pumpkin, mmmmmm.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

What Sarah said.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

I'm with Karen. I want to see it if you repel! I know what you mean about the vision. We never had coverage for that and I just shelled out $225 just to see the doc! Now I have to get new glasses, prisms, and new frames. I don't even know what that will run me, but it's going to be more than $400 for sure. M ylovely insurance won't pay for any of it. This is why I waited 8 years to go to the eye doctor, even though I have double vision.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Unfortunately the reality is... if you're competent, they'll keep piling work on you until you crack. In the words of Peter from Office Space, you gotta learn to work just hard enough not to get fired. =/

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

HAHAHAHA!! I LOVE THIS POST!! XOXOXOXO!!

I had a mental image of you on the side of a building hanging off a bunch of large paper clips, where the belt was adjusted with a binder clip. Heh.

I'm catching up on blogs again. Sari! LOL

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home