Thursday, October 07, 2010

Early Bird Gets the Yum

I'm going out tonight after work to celebrate one of my bosses and one of my quasi-bosses upcoming nuptials (but they're not marrying each other). As such, you get an early post today.

This is the Bez prefered beverage of fall.

You take some simple apple cider, nuke it for a couple of minutes (I go for 2 1/2 minutes) and then toss in a cinnamon apple tea bag and let it steep.

100_9619

Ta-da! Instant mulled cider.

I think someone makes powdered instant mulled cider that you mix up just like hot chocolate. But the thought of that makes me gag after drinking what we do.

We'll drink this pretty much all of September through mid-November.

One more reason I love fall!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yum! That sounds tasty!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Peri said...

Love mulled cider - we have a wonderful cider barn near us you fill up a plastic milk bottle (3 sizes to choose from) you can taste before you buy and they have well over a 100 different type.

I warm the cider - add some fresh orange juice, a couple of orange slices, a cinnamon stick and a drizzle of runny honey or a dash of dark brown sugar - lovely! Goes straight to my head though. We have it on Bonfire night (05/11) while watching our fireworks and cooking our jacket spuds in the bonfire - lovely.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I just throw a cinnamon stick in with the warm cider and I love it. Unfortunately, it does not love me back so I limit my drinking of it.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Just added to my shopping list. Thanks :0)

7:31 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

mmm, apple cider. i should pick some up this weekend.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Warm apple cider. NOM!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yummy!! I hate the cider around here though..icky tasting!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Hmm, never tried this. I'll have to give it a shot.

8:50 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

That sounds delicious I will have to try that out.

9:49 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

LOVE that green mug!

I'll have to try that shortcut cider tip!

10:28 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

My favorite local farm sells hot cider spice mixes that come in "traditional" tea bags. Thanks for reminding me I need to get my tail out to Trax Farm this week!

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home