Monday, October 18, 2010

Here They Come

It's a big week for cookies this week.

Thursday and Friday night I will be baking up a storm. Oh boy!

It will be fun and Dr. Mad Scientist is getting people to reconsider their Saturday plans if only to stop in for a little bit to the AA-Palooza going on that afternoon with the lure of my cookies.

Hee hee!

To warm up, I started with these babies.

100_9690

These are the official Cookie of the Week.

They're Pumpkin Oatmeal cookies.

Think of a cakey pumpkin cookie knocking up an oatmeal cookie, this would be their love child.

Mmmmm!

I modified the Banana Oatmeal cookie recipe in the Betty Crocker Cooky Book.

3/4 cups shortening.
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teasp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
1 3/4 cups oatmeal
1/2 teas. nutmeg
1 teas. cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup pumpkin

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Cream together your shortening and sugar. Add the egg and the pumpkin. Slowly add in the dry ingredients until it's all combined. Drop by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet. Keep them apart because these WILL spread. I put mine on parchment paper so they were easy to get off the pan. Otherwise use an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Mmmmm! Enjoy! They're a lightly sweet cakey cookie. I really dig them. And I may or may not have sprinkled a pinch of those toffee chips you can buy in the store on top of half of them before I popped them into the oven. It was leftover from another cookie I made last week--I couldn't resist!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang those look good!!
Just my luck I can't eat them!

Love, Mom

I may not be able to eat them but I can drool!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Oh, you know these are going to have to go into my pumpkin rotation...

7:27 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

that sounds delicious. i love pumpkin!

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Tricia said...

These sound sooo yummy! Fantastic idea and perfect for fall.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home