Saturday, October 09, 2010

Plotting

Two weeks until the area Alcoholics Anonymous has their 4th Annual Day of Sharing.

This year the theme is Step 4. Hee hee. Last year was Step 3. And next year, the fifth year it happens, the theme will be Step 5. Can't wait till year 13!

Anyway, Dr. Mad Scientist is on the planning committee and he volunteered me to make 6 to 8 dozen cookies.

Since this was the last time I was going to be going grocery shopping before the cookies had to be baked (we only grocery shop once every two weeks) I've been plotting.

100_9620

It may not seem like anything to plan, but there's a method to what I chose to submit.

I try to go with things that are somewhat mainstream and not too "out there." Comfort food cookies. Cookies that will look appetizing (because I've made my share of cookies that look like crap, but taste good) and this year I want to go a bit seasonal too. Mmmm!

Stay tuned!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Dang! I won't be able to eat any of them!! No FAIR!! FAIR is Fair it makes me glad! Unfair is Unfair it makes me sad!!

Love, Mom

2:46 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

It's OK mom, I won't be able to eat them either!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Pumpkin possibly??

5:00 PM  
Blogger Krysstyllanthrox said...

I found a recipe recently for a hot chocolate cookie. With marshmallows in the cookie. The ingredients will be going on my grocery list this week. If you want the recipe let me know and I'll send you the link.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I'm an every 2 week shopper, too. It makes for full carts but ultimately less time spent putting away groceries. I don't plan out meals, just keep staples and things I know everyone likes on hand and buy what's on sale.

Comfort cookies makes me think of oatmeal raisin and peanut butter cookies.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous NikBUdnik said...

How do you only go shopping every two weeks. I have to go almost every day! We run out of crap daily.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

I made the easiest ever cookies this weekend and they were so good! 1 spike cake box mix, 1 15 oz can of pumpkin and 1 bag of chocolate chips. Mix the dry mix and pumpkin, then add chips. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. YUM! The hungry people here ate them all before I could blog about them.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home