Sunday, October 17, 2010

Siddhartha

The little camera wonkinator is sitting on my lap as I type this.

Lucky for him, I was able to get my camera back up and running, and he's cute.

Yesterday was a great day to lie low. We've got no money til Friday (when I get paid) because Newark Public Schools decided that paying Dr. Mad Scientist was too much of a bother apparently. He's worked there since before Labor Day and he's received ONE paycheck. I guess I should be happy he got that. But I digress. I didn't want to even waste any gas going anywhere.
So it was a spinning day!

I had this masham in my meager fiber stash:

100_9285

It's the August 2010 club offering from Crown Mountain Farm. The thing I like about their club aside from being quite affordable is that you can opt in at any time to their club.

I wasn't too keen on the color, there's a lot of orange in there. Or it could have been the name of the color that turned me off: Siddhartha.

Did anyone else have to read that for school? Barf. I might enjoy a little Hesse now, but back then, ugh. Awful!

But it spun up quite nicely.

100_9684

Maybe it's because it's almost Halloween that I'm able to enjoy this fiber more. I really like the orange and blue/gray together.

100_9683
See Mooch? You're not the only one who can take pictures of their thumbs!

I got about 129 yards out of the 4ozs of fiber. Not sure what I'll make out of it.

But I do think the color should be renamed to Flaming Sunset or Elephant Eating Cheetos.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Captain Sharmie said...

elephant eating cheerios sounds like a great idea.

funny about hesse, as in highschool my class veto'd margaret atwood and read steppenwolf instead, which was the best book i read until i read kafka on the shore for my english assignment the next year.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I'm curious how they can avoid paying him.

The yarn is interesting - I would have expected more blue from the unspun picture.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

wow,you were a busy spinner weren;t you? that really sucks about the paycheque. What the hell is their excuse for such piss poor performance? and when can he get on direct deposit?

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could this be why that school district has such bad schools? If the Admin can't get it together how do they expect the teachers to teach?

Yes, I see Moochman taught you to take pictures very well! You are a good student!

That yarn turned out way different than I thought it would.

Love, Mom

1:29 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Started before Labor Day and he's only gotten one paycheck??? That's can't be right! Is he in the union? If he is, he should definitely go to the union rep for help.

Pretty yarn, by the way! I really only like bright orange during October too.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I hope Dr MS gets a paycheck soon and that he gets them regularly. That blows. I'm guessing there's a massive turnover rate out there. We've got one here, I'm always reading about paycheck screwups here. Why can't you be on the receiving end of one of those "got paid for 22 years after being fired" deals??

4:19 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Insane that he hasn't gotten another paycheck! What's up with that?

Clearly, your Mr. Mooch got his thumb modeling skills from Mama.

The yarn is pretty! Maybe a cute neckwarmer to go with a fall colored jacket, like a brown or tweed?

6:41 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

I vote fore "elephant eating cheetos" That's an AWESOME name!

8:00 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

ooh the yarn turned out really pretty and fuzzy! my masham looks really different from yours. one of these days i'll get around to posting it.

8:24 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Ooo, ooo - you can call it Cheetophant!

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home