Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sweet Silver Bells

I like to surf Etsy. A lot.

It's a great timesuck.

And it can be inspiring.

I hate to knock off shit, but when I see stuff on there sometimes I think "Hey, I can make that!"

And that's what happened with the jingle bell project.

100_9735

I saw things like these in my Etsy wanderings. And I thought to myself--well, you know.

Without further adieu, I give you my Beastly Holiday Bunting!

100_9736

It's so big, come Christmas time I'll be putting it in the kitchen.

Why the hell not? The kitchen is the only room I don't normally decorate (why yes, I do have Christmas bathroom decorations!).

100_9738

How much do I freaking love this???

She was a beast to make though. But I'm blaming that on my shitball of a machine.
I could not get the damn thing to make a consistent zig-zag stitch when I was connecting all the points.

Instead of zig-zag I got irregular sine waves--and that was when the machine was behaving.

100_9737

Oh well. Despite the unholiness that is my sewing machine, I think it turned out pretty good.

100_9739

I love this time of year--Halloween: the Gateway Holiday!

C'mon WINTER!

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Christina said...

That's so clever! I wouldn't even know where to start when adding the bells. Love it!

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! That is sooooo cool! reminds me of the spool garland that I had made. And why not the kitchen? Works for me!
Love, Mom

10:49 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

That is so cool!!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I'm one of those people,too. "I can make that!". I like the bunting (I love bells). I have decorations for the bathroom and a few small things for the kitchen.

My girls were always glad to see the "orange stuff" come out in October because it meant there would be decorations up until January. Gateway holiday indeed.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

That's what I like about Etsy as well - there's a lot of "Hey, I can make that!" I love the decorations - very festive :)

7:50 AM  
Blogger LBorealis said...

Nice! I've been planning on sewing up some Christmas bunting and even had a dream about picking up the fabric last night (it was too expensive in my dream) - now I'll add bells, too!

I like the contrasting thread in the zig-zag stitch.

9:00 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

very cool! love your holiday spirit. i'm too lazy to even do normal decorations, let alone season-specific ones.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Cindy in Happy Valley said...

How cool is that?????

My decorations consist of outdoor wreaths, window candles, and season appropriate centerpieces for the tables. Which, in the kitchen gets immediately covered by unopened junk mail......
Oh, and I do have my beaded ornaments...

10:41 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oh wow, I love it! What a clever idea! I may have to attempt to make something like when/if I get a sewing machine.

There's a childless couple who lives in the first house on my street, and they put out the most elaborate decorations in their yard for every holiday (Christmas, Easter, Halloween). And here I have kids, and just dragging out the fake tree and decorating it, sticking a wreath on the door, and putting up some stockings on the fireplace mantel is enough work for me, ha, ha! Pitiful, huh?!

P.S. I'm totally jealous of your kitchen - it looks so roomy and bright (and uncluttered)!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Bezzie, that is AWESOME. The bells just finish it off so festively. Love it.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea!

I was hoping for the belly-dancer outfit. ;o)

Love, Aunt Susan

8:54 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

So cute!!! I've seen those too and though "I could do that" of course i never did! But yours is awesome!!! Love it. =)

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I love that. Love it. I might knock it off.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

That is VERY cute. I love it.

I want to decorate this year. I have been very ill for well over a year and just haven't had it in me to even do much of anything except wanting to leave this world. Now that I finally am feeling better, I have a whole new attitude toward the holidays - especially Christmas!

Lovely work Bezzie, even w/ your mean machine. Are you still getting a new machine this year?

I hope so!

Kay

6:52 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Love it! I have a bunch of bells lying around from some random project from four years ago. Hmmm....

2:06 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

That. Is. AWESOME!!!!!!!! Like jaw on the ground, hmmm, maybe I should try that too! awesome.

Wow.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home