Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Busy As a Bezzie

I swear, if I didn't have a 9 to 5 (allegedly those are the hours) job and a magical childcare fairy to watch the kids, I could get so much done!

But isn't that the case for everyone?

Here's the proof:

Yesterday I was able to sew Chunky a pair of jammie pants.

100_9839
The magical glow to this picture is courtesy of Mr. Moochie's smudgy little fingers on the lens.

Those are camo lizards in case you couldn't tell.

100_9840

Chunky's birthday is on Saturday and although he's going to be 9 (eeek!) I apparently think he's bigger than what he is. I didn't really stop to look at the exact measurements for the "large" version of the Simplicity 9900 pattern I used.

Oops. They were a tad big.

I mean I could fit into them--granted they looked ridiculous on me, but I fit them. Bezzie Of The Two Kids Butt & Thighs.

I attempted to shorten them up top and the legs.

Hopefully my mods work out OK. I figure he's a stick boy with no curves. I don't think they should be too ill-fitting.

In the middle of sewing these I took a break to walk to school to attend Chunky's parent-teacher conference.

I freaking love his teacher. She "gets" Chunky.

Chunky, being the offspring of Dr. Mad Scientist and I, has a rather dry sense of humor. Many of his teachers before this just don't that type of humor and tend to take what he says literally.

Maybe it's that they're not used to that type of humor from a kid? I don't know. But his third grade teacher thinks he's hilarious.

I'm quite proud of him too because the first quarters of first and second grade he always had a problem getting back into the groove of things and was kind of a spazz. This year he told me he was going to try and get all 1's in the citizenship areas (listening, following directions, blah, blah)--and sure as shit, he did!

But enough bragging.

Once I got back home and finished the jammie pants it was time to turn to curtains.

Chunky had requested some curtains for his room (the blinds are broken) because:

1. He doesn't want anyone to see him naked after his shower; and

2. The kid next door (or someone in his family) has a tendency to leave the bathroom light on all night long, which in turn lights up Chunky's room. You gotta love Northern New Jersey Sardine Lots. They make postage stamp lots look like rolling estates!

About and hour and a half later--

100_9841

Baseball curtains!

Never mind that the one on the right I hung a little crooked.

Finally, to top off the day, I made Mr. Moochie a big bowl of mashed potatoes (from scratch because flaked mashed potatoes, I mean, really, do I have to go on?) for his Toddler Room Thanksgiving celebration.

Mooch LOVES his taters!

I was pooped by 10:00 p.m., but man, it's amazing what I can accomplish when I don't have that pesky job to worry about!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger knottygnome said...

wow you're really blazing through the projects! can't wait to see what you do next.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I agree with Knottygnome - wow! I'm so impressed with how much you always manage to get done! I'd be happy with just one day where I don't have to listen to my kids squabble, ha, ha!

The curtains and pants are very cute!

Congratulations to Chunky on the good grades! My son does very well in school, but my daughter stumps me. Her teacher said her reading skills and reading comprehension is at least at a 12th grade level (she's in 7th grade), but her grades don't reflect it at all. She has such a hard time with organization and staying focused. It's frustrating.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I know what you mean! I love the lizard camo - my nephews would think it is so cool.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Kids sewing patterns always run large, even larger than the numbers on the pattern would seem to indicate.

I think the pajamas are awesome!

It's nice when you get a teacher who's a good fit for your child. We've had a few of those, but more often, it's gone the other way.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Not working is so much busier than working. Everything is so cute, looks like you are mastering the machine.
Have a great Thanksgiving!

2:40 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

and "blah blah?" Does a certain parent have a hard time paying attention and listening? Muahaha!

Congrats to Chunky! And congrats to you for getting so much done. It's like you have to take a vacation from work to get work done. Ha!

-T.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Holy cow, give you a few days off and you're productivity is insane! I love the print of the pants and the baseball curtains are cute! I know what Chunky means... I hate light from the streetlamp shining in. So, I have dark navy blue curtains to block it all out. I love when it's pitch black! And woohoo to Chunky on the kudos in school! I love kids that have a funky sense of humor.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok! I know where you got that gene from!! Hahahahaha! I get much more done when I have a deadline or am pressed for time. Did Chunky get the package from us? What is in there he will like cause it will match!! Except my baseballs are on a navy background!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love, Mom

10:41 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

You are a good mom, Mrs Bezzie :0)
Happy Thanksgiving :0)
Haha, my word ver. is bragmen

6:57 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Clearly the neighbours don't have a 'smart' (I hate that term) electrical meter that charges them extra $$ for electriciy at certain times of day. I am jealous. Good going on the curtains. Wanna make some for my room next? We got snow today, as an incentive, I know how you like the snow. ::waggles eyebrows::

3:31 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Go Chunky! Nice jammie pants and curtains, too!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home