Saturday, November 27, 2010

Creation Explosion!

On this, the 9th anniversary of one of my best creations--

100_9757
(The big one.)

And actually it was a co-creation. But whatever. Happy 9th Birthday Chunky!

I bring you all the stuff I made on my week off!

First up, a ballsack for my sister.

100_9846

Ha ha! She's been bugging me for "dryer balls." Dryer balls are wool balls that you put in with your clothes in the dryer and allegedly the agitation from the balls makes your laundry soft. So no need for fabric softener/dryer sheets.

I did some hunting around Etsy and ripped off these guys using some wool from my stash.

100_9847

I'm not sure if they really work. I buy my dryer sheets in bulk so it will be years until I need something to soften my clothes.

Next after making the curtains and jammie pants for Chunky, I made him a Nintendo DS case out of some manly flame fabric.

100_9843
100_9845

I thought I had a good side-shot of it uploaded to Flickr. Apparently not. Trust me, it's cool.

And then do you remember that little snowman I knit? Well I ended up making two of them.

They had just been sitting on my dresser looking forlorn. That was until I finished burning my latest Yankee Candle.

100_9882

Kind of a crappy picture. But the snowmen are now a little snow-globe wannabe.

100_9884

Moochie totally digs pressing his nose to the glass!

Today will be Christmas cards and tomorrow we go to the tree farm to get our tree and decorate the place for Christmas.

Man, I could only HOPE to be this productive at work! Ha ha!

20 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

Man, I am in love with those snowmen!!! and envious of the productivity... I've managed to put up lights so far.

Happy B-day Chunky, and happy post-turkey pre-Christmas decorating!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Happy Birthday, Chunky!

And I adore the snowmen!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Happy Birthday Chunky!!! Us turkey babies are the best, haha!

The snowmen are awesome. The DS case is great too. Pip won't put hers in a case which drives me nuts.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a very productive week.

Happy Birthday to Chunky!!!

Love, Aunt Susan

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

That's a great DS bag! Hope he's having a great birthday.

10:40 AM  
Blogger janna said...

Happy Birthday, Chunky!

I have some store-bought dryer balls. I'm not sure they really take the place of dryer sheets/fabric softener (I actually prefer liquid fabric softener), but they really help when you're drying a big load or something bulky like a quilt. I throw one ball in the bottom of the dryer and another in the middle of the load, to help prevent the load becoming a big wad.

(Ball, load, and wad in the same sentence will probably cause you to get interesting, but disappointed, visitors from google.)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

Upload Photoscape for free. It can turn any crappy picture into a work of freaking art in seconds.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

And Happy Birthday, Chunkmeister Flash!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

So cute! I love the snowmen. The flame zippie is really cool looking too. As for dryer balls, well, let us know what your sis thinks...

2:13 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

ooh, the DS case is extremely cool. You did a great job on the zipper :0) The snowmen have the cuteness!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chunky!
The DS case turned out real well!
The snowmen are so cute! That is what I can do with my candle jars....OH! Wait I don't knit! Do you need som jars? I have at least 4 that I have to clean up.
Love, Mom

5:55 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Happy Birthday Chunky!!! Love the DS case. Very brilliant colors!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Chunky! Hehe..love your sister's balls & sack. Good job on the case and that snowmen wanna be globe is too cute :)

1:45 AM  
Anonymous SiressYorkie said...

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Herr Chunky!

LOVE the little snowman-snowglobe thingie. Might have to steal that one. And hey! Chunky and Maxman wear the same socks! Cheap as chips at the PX...

1:51 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

That was an inspired idea to put the snowmen in the candle jar. They look great.

I looked at my girls on Thursday and was filled with such overwhelming pride that it brought tears to my eyes. Best creations indeed.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Geez, where on earth do you and (Crafty)Christina find all the energy for all the crafting you do with (fairly little - don't tell Chunky I said little, ha, ha!) kids at home??? I love the candle jar recycling - too cool!

The dryer balls are clever, but I've got to have my scented liquid fabric softener and dryer sheets! My husband gets embarrassed when I sniff laundry detergent and fabric softener at the store before I buy any, ha, ha! And yes, I try to coordinate the scents of my detergents and fabric softeners, LOL!

Happy belated birthday to Chunky!

5:57 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i've heard of that dryer ball trick and wondered if it works but got too lazy to try it. it's a cool gift though! love the bag.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Happy Birthday to Chunky!

12:48 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Happy Birthday, Chunky!

Love all of these projects! I have three dryer balls in my dryer. They don't do jack for static cling, so I still use dryer sheets for that. But they do help the clothes dry faster, so I can set the dryer on medium instead of high for regulars and for less time.

LOVELOVELOVE what you did with the snowmen!

4:03 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Those snowmen are the BOMB. So incredibly cool!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home