Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lettuce Have A Scarf

I've been on a big stash-bender lately.

The latest victim was a beautiful hank of handspun carmel colored somethingorother wool I got in a swap years ago.

100_9788

The details--

Pattern: Lettuce Slide Scarf from Sock Yarn One Skein Wonders

Yarn: Aforementioned handspun in some type of mystery fiber.

Needles: US 5 and US 3

Notes: As you can see (well not really if you don't have the book as the picture of the book's scarf isn't yet up at The Place That Shall Not Be Named), I only knit a ruffle on one side of the scarf. That's kind of because I ran out of yarn. I might have had enough, but knitting that ruffle is a bitch and I didn't feel like getting half way through it only to confirm I didn't have enough yarn.

I couldn't pick up the 330 stitches on the side either. I don't know how on earth they got that many--I could only pick up 250 in the end. But it works. The ruffle is ruffly. That's all that matters, right?

The only other modification I made, other than not using sock yarn, was that I didn't put the slide in. Maybe if I had ruffled the other side I would have.

However, I kind of dig it with a straight side.

100_9793

It felt good to get this hank out of my stash. Now, onto a million other things I want to knit!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Christina said...

I like the one sided ruffle. Two sodes might have made it hard to wear over your face.

I've been stash busting too! Only with hats and one color of yarn, since I can't change colors in knitting just yet. Well, I'm lazy and just haven't tried.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I like it, never would have known it was only done on one side.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with Zonda, I would have never known that there was only one side to the ruffle. I think it looks real nice!

Hey I am stash busting also....except my stash is a WHOLE LOT bigger than yours!! I got out my last 40yards of Warm and Natural to make Chunky's you know what!! Your father wondered what all that cardboard was from in the trash!!!!

Love, Mom

11:42 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I think I agree with the one side looking better. I'm not a fan of ruffled knits and just one side seems to look nice and not too fussy. Fortunate happenstance!

7:07 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

it looks really pretty! i like subtle handspun, though i always tend to make clown barf for myself for some reason.

8:06 AM  
Blogger janna said...

Cute! But I hate knitting ruffles, so I probably won't be making it...

Like your t-shirt, too. ;-)

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

It turned out great!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

yeah, it looks ruffled on both sides. Nice :0)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I have seen several knits out there that have ruffles only on one side. I'd say you are spot on the trend!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home