Monday, November 15, 2010

Somebody's Got A Case Of The Mondays

Our firm hired Ed Begley Jr.'s twin brother to run the operations of our firm this summer.

From what I can tell, Ed Begley Jr. Jr.'s main job seems to be walking around every Monday morning asking each employee how their weekend was (and every subsequent morning of the week saying "Good Morning!" to them).

I know he means well, but there are some Monday where I'd rather not share. I really don't care what people did over their weekend and Ed Begley Jr. Jr. isn't the type that lets the conversation go when you reply "It was good." to the question "How was your weekend?"

There's always a follow up question.

Eeesh.

But you dear readers get to be privy. Because I like you. And because I know it wouldn't really shock you if I said I spent my weekend stripping down the block at Ye Old Boobie Bar, like it might shock Ed Begley Jr. Jr. (Did I mention Eddie Jr. Jr. is a man of the cloth?).

First up, Cookie of the Week:

100_9822

Hazelnut snickerdoodles.

Now before you go oooing an ahhhing about this, I gotta say--"Meh."

I mean they taste good. Soft and chewing. Nice cinnamony sugar coating. But the hazelnuts don't really add the depth of flavor I thought they would.

Ah well! They're still good and there's nothing wrong with that!

And what goes good with cookies?

100_9826

Why tea of course!

But I'll be honest, I don't like tea. Well I take that back, every time Chris and Jen come 'round these parts we end up at this cute little teahouse in Montclair. They've got like 1001 teas on their menu and their tea I like. Maybe because it's fancy teahouse tea.

Whatever, that's neither here nor there. I made this tea cozy out of the masham roving from CMF I spun back in October.

It's a gift. I had hoped for a cooler cozy, but this will have to do. I hope the recipient likes it. If not, well I still have next weekend.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Rebel said...

There is nothing 'meh' about a well made snickerdoodle! Sometimes all you need is some simple sweetness.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Next time Ed wants to know how your weekend went, give him a minute rundown? i got up saturday, showered, got the kids ready went to the farmer's market bought some lettuce and beets, came home had lunch played with the kids etc....Bet he tries to escape.

Cute cozy! What do you mean by a 'cooler cozy'? one that looks like a turkey? Or something?

9:50 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Nice coozy. Not a big fan of tea, totally with you on that.
The cookies look awesome no matter what you say!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice tea cozy! Yeah, I never liked tea either till I was at Peking Garden with John one COLD night and the only way to get warm was to drink the hot tea!!! Ever since then I drink oolong tea.

The cookies look good....maybe if you found a hazel nut oil/flavor and put like a teaspoon in with the hazel nuts you would get a fuller hazel nut taste.


Love, Mom

11:47 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

Snickerdoodles are right up there on my list of goodies that are pick me ups. On the other hand I am a huge fan of tea I have a variety on hand at all times. I like the cozy.

12:26 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Cute cozy!

I like Carol's idea. Give him every mundane detail and see how long he sticks around.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I like it!

Too bad the cookie was meh. that's always a let down.

Maybe you can come up with a very detailed every Monday morning review of the weekend until Eddie Jr Jr gets the idea you don't like sharing. Something really boring like sorting laundry then washing laundry then folding laundry then putting laundry away.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Cookies and tea ... mmm! I am a huge fan of tea, and cinnamon cookies are a perfect accompaniment.

Love the tea cozy. I'll have to see if my daughter can knit one of those ;).

7:31 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i like the cozy! and i love snickerdoodles. but i don't like tea. i sometimes like chai though.

i think you should recite what i just said to ed jr jr next time you see him and watch how quickly he's weirded out. i have a gift for alienating people so that they never talk to me again.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Such a cute tea cozy! I can drink tea, but if you made me choose between tea and coffee, it's coffee all the way.

Maybe instead of hazelnut, you could add almond extract or something like that?

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home