Friday, December 31, 2010

And In The End...

...the cookies I make are equal to the love you bake. Yeah, I don't know, go with it. I was listening to Abbey Road last night.

It's New Year's Eve.

Which means cookies! I always feel a little weird waiting to make all my cookies until AFTER Christmas, but it's so worth it.

Dr. Mad Scientist was stopped a few times at his meeting last night by people inquiring if he'd be bringing cookies to the New Years Alk-a-Thon tonight.

Hee hee!

At about 8:30 last night I got down to business.

100_9911.jpg

First up were some old standards--peanut butter blossoms.

100_9912.jpg

I should have picked REAL Hershey kisses, not the mini-ones. Ah well. No one will complain.

I made another batch of Nutella fudge.

100_9915.jpg

The one critique at work I had about this fudge is that it was too sweet. I don't think that's necessarily the worst thing that I could hear about some of my fudge!

Next up, cranberry chocolate chunk.

100_9916.jpg

I love those ones! Mmmm!

And finally, the "cookies" I only make once a year:

100_9917.jpg

Blurry date balls! Mmmmm! I bought enough dates for another batch for US!

2011 should be even better with New Year's Eve falling on a Saturday. Oh man!

Here's hoping 2011 is sweeter than 2010!

Happy New Year!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger T. Budnik said...

Ah yeah! Whenever someone tells me that something's "too sweet" or "too rich," I know that they're just a lightweight and need to start consuming more sugar! haha!

Your cookies look awesome! No wonder people are asking about them!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Agreed - if you're eating fudge and you complain about 'too sweet', you just might be a little pathetic ;) It looks like you've put out a great spread!

Happy New Year to you and your boys! Here's to 2011!

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Dang I didn't do any cookie baking this year at ALL!!

Happy New Year to you and your boys!! Here's to a SWEET year!

Love, Mom

9:31 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Happy New Year Ms Bezzie. You inspired me to cook Christmas cookies with my boys this year. That was awesome. The Peanut butter cookies were the biggest hits :0)
Is fudge really too sweet, or should you just eat less/smaller pieces?

1:29 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

I think I'll go to the store and pick up stuff to bake. Your blog makes me hungry!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

There is no such thing as too sweet, too rich, or too gooey. YUM!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Isn't fudge just flavoured sugar with something to bind it together? How could it be too sweet? I WANT SOME!

Happy New Year!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I am giving away a can full of cookies to help get some out of the house. I've eaten so many this past week (but I did it all willingly).

Too sweet would be a spoonfull of sugar right out of the sugarbowl.

Happy New Year to you and your men.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Happy New Year!! drooling over your cookies and fudge too!

10:28 PM  
OpenID vivupnorth said...

Happy New Year! Those cookies look delicious. I've gained enough weight as it is, and now I'm craving goodies. And, I've never heard of fudge being "too sweet." That's just crazy.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I might need to make a trip to NJ for New Year's some time, and hit up some meetings with Dr. MS.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home