Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Countdown

I've been blaming work for my less than jovial Christmas feelings lately.

But I learned about something this weekend that puts all of that in perspective. Therefore, this Monday morning and the prospect of working four days (while everyone else seems to be out of school/off of work already) for once doesn't seem so dour.

Plus more Christmas frippery knitting seems to be helping.

This weekend I finished a knit Christmas tree.

100_9971

Pattern: Oh Christmas Trees by Moltingyeti

Needles: US4 DPNs

Yarn: Some Caron Simply Soft my Youngest Younger Brother gave me for Christmas a few years ago.

Notes: This was a cool pattern. I liked the way it was written. It seemed a little weird at first, but when I actually stopped to read the instructions, it was pretty clear. Ha ha!

I did not make a fourth tier or a stump/skirt for my tree. A fourth tier would have put too many stitches on my needles. I suppose I could have switched to circular needles, but I was feeling lazy.

I stuffed the bottom of the tree with popcorn to give it some heft and plopped it in front of my Santa lamp* for display.

Unfortunately, Mr. Mooch seems to think that the Christmas tree is his and therefore I keep finding it all over the house.

So far so good for pushing out the jive and bringing in the Christmas love!


*My mom and any siblings reading this will recognize that Santa lamp. If I remember rightly, it was one of the first Christmas decorations my mother bought when she went out on her own as an adult. This isn't hers, but it's the same type of lamp. I got a wild notion last year that I wanted one of my own and went trolling on the internet for one under $20.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger knottygnome said...

awesome tree! i really like the seuss-style one in the pdf too.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep! That is just like mine and it was one of the first Christmas decorations that I ever bought! Mine is still on the corner of the snackbar.

I like the tree!! That is really cute and the story of Moochie taking it is even cuter!!

Love, Mom

2:26 PM  
Blogger janna said...

That tree is awful cute. Maybe next year...

(And if it makes you feel better, we're working 3 days this week and 4 next. Everyone seems to think that academia shuts down this time of year, but not here!)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Cute tree! Love the santa lamp too :)

My so so mood this holiday is due to not moving, like we should have been able to :( work isn't great, but nothing like yours...hope it gets better one day!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hooray for cute as heck xmess trees!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I love the tree! Just two and a half more days this week and then I'm off for 10 days. Can't wait.

I finally feel some joy. Don't know why it took so long but I'm feeling some excitement. I'm still tired, though.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

That tree is so neat!

I swear I've seen a lamp like that at my aunt's house. Now I have to go look.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Excellent tree! I currently have a moratorium on casting on, so I'll have to queue it.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home