Monday, December 27, 2010

White Kwanzaa

Seems like an oxymoron huh?

But yesterday, we had a lot of the white stuff grace our town.

Remember my only hang up about moving here from Squirrel Gables--the lack of a driveway? Well we came to find out that on snow days we could park at the softball field recreational parking lot two blocks from our house. It's about a three minute walk. Five when you're up to your knees in snow.

As the first flakes came down, we parked our cars over there.

I went out there this morning to survey the damage.

100_9900.jpg

Eh. Not too bad. Dr. Mad Scientist's car shielded mine from the blowing snow so his car was more buried than mine. Which is OK since he's off all week.

Here's one side of his hood.

100_9901.jpg

And here's the other.

100_9903.jpg

The drifts were up to my crotch in some places!

100_9902.jpg

I was able to clear our cars pretty easy in the rec parking lot. My only concern now is whether or not they'll plow the parking lot (they had already done so once sometime yesterday) and the road that leads to the parking lot.

Chunky's getting the most out of the snow.

100_9904.jpg
Chunky is 4'8" tall. There's your reference for these piles of snow they made.

He's been outside today literally since 8:00 a.m. (it's now 1:30 p.m.) with a one hour break for lunch playing in the snow and helping Downstairs Neighbor blow everyone out with the snowblower. Chunky will break the berms up with the shovel making them less dense for Upstairs Neighbor to plow thru.

100_9905.jpg

Moochie on the other hand has been content to hang out inside.

And supervise operations from the warmth of the house.

100_9906.jpg

Can you tell which child was born in Michigan and which one in New Jersey? Ha ha!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger T. Budnik said...

Happy Kwanzaa, Bezzie! I know this is what you really wanted for Christmas!

Looks like fun! Any sledding plans?

12:45 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Happy Christmas, Kwanzaa, and other assorted solstice related holidays :-) We spent some time out this morning too, although being Canadian it wasn't much of a stretch. The only other people outside were the come-from-aways who were taking photos!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Don't send any of that snow to Cleveland - I don't want it!

I see Chunky takes after you, with his love of snow and cold!

I've lived in the Cleveland area my entire life, and have always hated the snow and cold. I think the older I get, the more I hate it. My youngest sister used to get mad at me when we were kids, and I'd rather stay in the house and read a book, then go outside with her to play in the snow, ha, ha!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oof! That IS a lot of snow. I remember once coming out of my house after an historic snowstorm and I couldn't even see the car. That was fun to dig out, I can tell ya. And I did not have minions or a snowblower....

2:21 PM  
Blogger janna said...

I'm so happy you got snow! If I could send you some of ours, I would!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Jealous...

3:12 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Chunky looks like he enjoys it though :) Wowza you guys did get a lot!! Ours is almost gone though :( supposed to be in the 60's this weekend too...hmmm...

7:42 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

I am so with Moochie! When I woke up, it did look pretty and I admired it for a minute until I started gearing myself to go outside in it. My job closed for the first time in 7 years and I still had to go to the city (on my vacation day, ha! 8.5 hours later, I made it back home, haha! You'd think NJ Transit would have snow figured out by now?

Though, now that I'm inside and warm again, I think I want to go sledding tomorrow.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you got your wish! Happy Snowiday!!

Chunky looks like he is having fun!

Oh! those drifts are FRESH!!

Love, Mom

9:38 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Happy Kwanzaa... and snow day! We also got hammered something awful. But it's much warmer out today, and the snow is melting. Part of me is sad because it's so pretty, another part of me misses being able to go outside.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

That sure is a hellofalotta snow you got there! You did get hit worser than us in Staten-Island-almost-Jersey, NY!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

That is just the right amount of snow.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

moochie is adorable.....watching big brother in all that snow!!! good heavens!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home