Monday, January 24, 2011

Eleven Years Later

This week's Cookie of the Week is a walk down memory lane in two ways.

The first--the recipe is from this book. Obviously it reminds me of home.

The second--We received this book as a wedding present eleven years ago. I've recently been making stuff out of it. Hee hee, eleven years after we were married.

The cookie is nothing fancy or exotic.

100_9914-2.jpg

It's a simple Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookie. But what sold me on it was the little story that came with the cookie.

There are no pictures of the finished baked goods in this cookbook, which is usually a turn off for me, but the stories make this cookbook delightful.

The author describes her neighbor climbing the stairs to their home (the stairs are a Juneau, AK thing...trust me) with a brown paper bag full of these warm cookies.

Brown paper bag full of warm oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?

How could I not bake these?!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Those look GOOD! I can taste them from here!

That Lucky Chunky, Moochie and DrMS! Sandwiches will be eaten last this week!

Love, Mom

7:08 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I love oatmeal cookies but my family doesn't so I don't make them often. I like them with dried cranberries (actually I like most anything with dried cranberries).

My favorite cookbook is The Pioneer Lady's Cookbook (Jane Watson Hopping) because of the stories. She starts in the Spring and works her way through the year describing life on the farm and the food that is cooked during each season. She makes it sound so bucolic.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are one of my and hubby's favortie. I'd make them more often if only I could convince Pi, who is in an anti-oatmeal stage.

7:29 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Nom, Nom, Nom x

1:40 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Mmmm, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies - my absolute favorite! I Boy, do I wish I had some of those right now!

1:53 PM  
OpenID vivupnorth said...

They look amazing!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Sounds good to me! Love warm cookies.

5:44 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Oatmeal chocolate chip? Ooh, sounds great. Are there nuts? (I am anti-nut in my cookies)

And it's stupid difficult to find oatmeal cookies that don't have raisins. Bleah. I'm just happy I've found an oatmeal scotchies recipie I like!

8:53 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

I am head over heels in love with Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies & yours look so yummy.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Ohhh nice, warm chocolate chip cookies!! I love those kinds of cookbooks, that way if you made it wrong or whatever, you have no idea what it was supposed to look like :P

8:54 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Mmmmm...cooookkiiees. I've never been much of a sugar person, but damn if this baby doesn't have a sweet tooth!

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home