Monday, January 17, 2011

First FOs

I find the first FOs of the year are kind of FOrgetable.

This is how I feel about the first two FOs of this year.

100_9993.jpg

100_9997.jpg

A pair of scarves.

No real reason to knit them other than to knit them.

I figure I'll send them in with Chunky next December when they have their scarf, hat and mitten drive.

100_9994-2.jpg

They're knit of Vanna's Choice (the dark and light blue scarf) and Caron Simply Soft (the light blue number).

Nothing fancy.

Just my standard boring go-to scarf pattern from Hip Knits.

100_9996.jpg

I'm kind of in between knitting projects right now. Nothing is really screaming "KNIT ME!"

Nor is my stash very inspiring right now.

100_9995.jpg

And you know me, I'm cheap. I don't want to spend any money on new yarn I really don't need.

Hmmm...

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Christina said...

At least you have a FO already. I have half of a FO.

I like the blue!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

eh, scarves need to be made too. As for insoiring, currently I have cast on Spirogyra fingerless gloves from Knitty and I sawsomething called the 'Infinitude scarf' on the 'Place that shall not be Named'. Both are free patterns. And those infinity scarves are very popular right now...

8:15 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Ah, "need" being the operative word would be how I've amassed so much sock yarn....people need socks ALL THE TIME! :)

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those scarves look very nice and to have them done already for next Dec. puts you about 11 months ahead of the game! I am still working on the CO Gangs Christmas '10 gifts! They might get them for V-day next month.
Love, Mom

11:36 PM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

2 FOs already, goodness woman you are impatient!!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Oooh, squishy. They look comfy cozy.
Well, the new knitty just came out. I like the Java socks. And NYC has a little inspiring event coming up.....

9:02 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

If there's no reason to knit them but to knit, that makes them "pure" rather than "applied" knitting. And even more pure if they're for charity.

8:33 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

It's Chunky's school, so don't you mean their, "scarf, hot and mitten live"?

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I've been making PeeWee sweaters. Because, you know, it's about 60 here in the winter so she really needs them.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

love the scarves....nice to have a go to knit.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home