Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Exciting Things

I'm kind of exhausted right now.

While I love this weather, juggling snow days, early dismissals, and late openings is quite exhausting when you work a full time job. Especially when the coworkers you have who perhaps live even closer to the office than you do, call out when there's one flake forecast.

And somehow they still end up getting to take more vacation than me. Ponderous.

It's also exhausting going to work, school and daycare in this weather.

The snow and ice is not so bad to drive in, it's exhausting to drive with OTHER PEOPLE driving around in it. Or double parking in it. Or jaywalking in the dark in it. Or jogging uphill backwards in the middle of the road in the dark in it.

But today was a rare day that I was home before 7 and as a reward, you get some bloggage and some sneak peakery!

First up--it's Groundhog Day, but more importantly, it's Knitcircus day!!

issue13_spring2011.indd

You know how it is, you're coming off the post-holiday-knit-for-everyone-and-their-mother letdown. You're not sure what to knit next because you've been so focused on everyone else--why not something for yourself? Or hell, someone other than your Great Aunt Matilda that you only see once a year at Christmastime.

So screw that furry disease vector groundhog and get something springy on your needles.

Or hell, bake a cookie or two!

Stay tuned for a promo Knitcircus giveaway...I'm just formulating a cool way to make you earn your chance to win! Muhahahaha!

Also stay tuned for the big reveal of the contents of this box:

-2.jpg

Iz could tellz yuz but denz idz haf to killz youze with myz lazer eyez!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I hear ya. Snow day today but my company actually closed (first time in its 30 year history) so it was no big deal to not have daycare, and at least we knew yesterday at about 1 pm. However for tomorrow they have not updated their facebook or any reporting service. sigh. So we are just driving there tomorrow and see if we can get it! Thankfully Matt and I can likely each do a half day at work and half at home if need be. But I just want to know...

6:56 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Toady was my scheduled day off, so no snow day, but then I didn't have to figure out how to get to work either. And since i am essential services......not having to go was a good thing. It was someone else's problem!

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No snow day up here! It RAINED! Yes! You read that right! I came home from work to day and it was 39.8 degrees!! The roads are a bit icy and so is the driveway but we can handle that.

As for what is in the box....My guess is Squeeky!! Hahahahaha!! i really know what WAS in it.

Love, Mom

11:15 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I don't mind driving in the snow. I drive carefully but I do mind people walking in the middle of the street (the not fully plowed street that has less driving space to start with).

The cover of the Knitcircus is like a little bit of spring. What a pretty color.

8:29 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

ooh...could it be a new sewing machine???

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

That Knitcircus makes me want to knit. I've cast on for a black sweater- not only is it boring as hell but it's blinding me slowly. I think I'm going to add some colorwork at the top.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I hope it's a new sewing machine too! I got a sewing machine for my birthday(yay!), and I love it!

It IS exhausting trying to get around in the winter! I get so tired of having to put on a mountain of clothes and a huge coat and clunky boots everytime I leave the house. If I could somehow work at home during the winter, and never have to leave the house, I'd be content!

And no fair that your mom is having nearly 40 degree days there in Alaska! It's a miserable 8 degrees here today in Cleveland. I am a total wimp when it comes to winter. Ironically, my kids and I all have winter birthdays (mine is December, and I have two January kids). We should have had nice spring or summer birthdays.

11:15 AM  
OpenID vivupnorth said...

UTSA cancelled morning classes due to the snow - all 1/4 inch of it. At around 1:30 this afternoon, I received an email that school was closed for the remainder of the day, as well. It's a good thing I didn't have a class at noon that I drove up for before that tardy email went out.

All the suggestions of new sewing machines have me excited for you! It would also be nice it it were a vacation-in-a-box to get you away from crazy workness.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

It has to be a sewing machine!!!

7:29 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Wednesday, they canceled classes, but declared that staff had to be there, or take vacation. And everything was supposed to be open. However, at 7:30 a.m., it was still actively blizzarding, the police were telling people to stay off the roads, and public transportation had shut down. Luckily, we have one staff member who lives within easy walking distance, so she trudged in and opened the library up. Then 2 of our students workers managed to get in, because they live close. Grrrrr.......

And on a totally different topic -- why doesn't KnitCircus include your recipe in the PDF, along with the patterns? That would be so convenient!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home