Saturday, February 26, 2011

Insert Clever Title Here

No cookie of the week this weekend. It's Summer Knitcircus cookie recipe weekend. No reveal yet!

But I did get a chance to do some sewing with Toni.

I wanted to try out Toni's zipper foot and challenge her a bit with a type of fabric that used to give The Beast fits (but let's be honest, EVERY fabric gave The Beast fits!).

Inspired by this tutorial, some scrap oilcloth I had in my stash, and some zippers I ordered from Etsy in a rainbow of colors, I made a couple of bags.

100_9989.jpg

Holy beer battered cat fritters, how incredible is my machine?!

Toni has a wonderful zipper foot that was a breeze to snap in and out. And she sewed through the oil cloth like it was butter!

100_9991.jpg
Not sure what this weird plant was growing on the chain link fence at the park. Everything else is brown and dead because it's February in New Jersey. It made for a great photo shoot background though.

They're not like the ones in the tutorial, they're smaller as I only had 7" zippers. (And I didn't follow the tutorial 100%).

100_9990.jpg

And I felt they needed some jazzy zipper pulls.

They're not lined or anything fancy...

100_9992.jpg

But you can toss some odds and ends in there and they'll serve their purpose.

I'm going to keep the white one and the black and pink one I believe is going to go into the Christmas present shoebox.

Is that wrong to be making Christmas presents in February? Ha ha!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger janna said...

I love the black and pink one! So cute!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I love the black and pink one too! Of course, I'm partial to anything pink!

Nothing wrong with making Christmas gifts in February - I'm itching to sew a Christmas tree skirt and some stockings, ha, ha!

11:38 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

Those are cute. I need to invest in a better & more updated sewing machine.

I can't wait to see if you make anymore bags.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

They turned out so cute! I've never used oilcloth, but have been tempted to try a lunch bag with it (I'm cheap and pack my own lunch).

Dude, make as many xmas gifts as you can!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

They turned out great, well done Toni & Bezzie :0)

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha!! So Toni came with a teflon foot. You culd have gotten one for The Beast. Nice bags, they are cute. Did you bead the pulls?

No it is not wrong to make Christmas gifts in February....Only thing is make sure that you do some guy stuff also. Nothing worse than going to your gift drawer for a guy gift and all you have are girl things!

Love, Mom

1:29 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

cute! i love the zipper pulls.

11:23 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Great work! What a fab machine you have.
But what is with the park shot? You'll be doing the coffee mugs shots soon ;-)

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Those are very cool. I can't wait to see what else you make!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

great little bags....i think maybe i will have to try making a few!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Fantastic - and I love the zipper pulls.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Those are gorgeous! I love getting to know new machines. And the person who invented zipper foots (feet?) was a genius, second only to the person who invented the buttonholer.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the weird plant is Euonymus japonica. I only mention it (aside from being an annoying know-it-all) because the common name is spindle tree.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home