Monday, February 21, 2011

Look At the Pretty Yarn

I'm off work today.

But I had to go to Moochie's daycare to pay the week's daycare because although I put the check in his lunchbox Friday, I forgot to take it out and put it in the drop box.

On my way back home this morning from the office, I grabbed my cell phone, which, if you know me, I hardly use. It's for Dr. Mad Scientist and Kid-Calls only. I.e., "Honey, can I ask you to pick up the kids because I'm running late?" or "Mrs. Bezzie, Chunky just blew chunks in the classroom, you need to come pick him up."

No one every calls me. Which is fine. I've got a drug dealer pay as you go stupid-phone that just makes and receives calls. I hardly ever look at it when it's the weekend because I don't have to.

But for some reason I pulled it out of my purse on the way home from dropping off the Mooch payment this morning.

And there was a voicemail.

From work.

A pipe had burst and the office administrator called to tell me my desk had "extensive damage" and suggested I might want to come in to check things out before Tuesday.

I stopped by the apartment to let the boys know where I was going and headed off to work on my day off.

Ugh. What a war zone.

This week is going to be a Nightmare. Especially since Big Boss's office was untouched. He's going to expect me to work like normal, when a virtual water bomb went off at my desk and where can they relocated me to? They have no idea yet. Nice!

Anyway at least my weekend was nice!

I met up with Chris and we did a little bit of the Northern New Jersey Yarn Crawl.

We started at our old favorite, Angelfire Studios where I bought these lovely skeins.

100_9968.jpg

That's some Spud and Chloe sock yarn. I've already cast on. This yarn was just what I needed to restart my sock mojo.

We then ventured on to a store that was new to both of us--The Blue Purl in Madison.

Very nice shop. Spacious and a generous offering of standard and not-so standard yarn brands.

I fell in love with a store sample knit up by the baby yarn. Fell in love so hard I bought the pattern book AND the recommended yarn.

100_9967.jpg

I was hooked because all the patterns in the book are up to seven-year-old sizes.

I really wanted to buy the blue yarn you see the sweater knit in there, but alas the store only had three balls--not four as a Moochie-next-winter-sized sweater would take. The clerks sold me on the greeny-blue color instead.

Plus--they even noticed when I was checking out that the four balls I had picked out were different dye lots and replaced them with four of the same dye lots from the back room.

It was a great day and I had a lot of fun hanging with Chris (without a little man of some shape or size tagging along!).

Lord knows I'm going to need all the pretty yarn to keep me sane this upcoming week!!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

Oooh, Spud and Chloe!! I'm keen to hear how you like it; I've been admiring from afar... good luck with the insanity this week; keep some yarn in your bag just in case you need it ;-)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Crap!!! That sucks about your desk!

Nice yarnz there too!! That is a cute sweater and good deal for the book, you know the bigger sizes :)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Love the sock yarn colors. So clear and bright.

We had a flood over the weekend but it was a bathroom on our floor and it burst through the ceiling of our crisis center. I just have a hallway full of cupped tiles to look at. They'll all have to be replaced.

How bad was your desk? I hope none of your personal stuff got ruined.

7:15 PM  
Blogger janna said...

The Spud and Chloe is so pretty - I haven't tried it yet.

And good luck on the work flood. Too bad about Big Boss's office being spared....

7:44 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Super cute sweater :) Does the yarn come in girl colours, too?

Andrew's office in Philly had a water main break like that a few years back - it even made the news because the water pressure broke a window and it looked like there was a waterfall coming out of the 4th floor...

7:55 PM  
Anonymous knitting-cat said...

I'm glad that you had a chance to enjoy your day off before...the bad news.

Did they pay you to go in? I certainly hope so, 1.5 time it is a day off.

7:57 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

I have been wanting to try Spud & Chloe yarns. I am glad your mojo is back.

I have been on the receiving end of a bust pipe over my desk before & ugh it's never fun hopefully your boss won't be a idiot & will take some pity on you.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Awww, that really sucks about the desk! I hope you didn't have any nice pictures of the boys on your desk that got ruined.

Pretty yarn though, especially that green yarn - I love self striping yarn! Lucky you to have knitting friends - I don't have any friends who are into knitting or sewing, and my family always thinks both are boring until they want me to make them something!

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Suzanne said...

Beautiful yarn! Sorry to hear about your work desk.

10:27 PM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

You bought the yarn AND the book, sounds like it was a good day :-)
sorry to hear about your desk, what a pain x

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice sock yarn! Is there a pair in it for ME?

Sorry to hear about your desk, that is a bummer!

Love, Mom

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Beeeutiful yarn. Sounds like a fun day.

What a nightmare with the office. Yikes.

I like those greeny blues for Moochie's sweater.

9:57 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

ooh love your yarn purchases. that spud and chloe photo is lovely.

good luck sorting through the work chaos. yikes.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home