Monday, February 07, 2011

Whoopie!!!

I heard this story on my way home from picking the boys up from school/daycare the other night.

And of course I had to make them.

100_9948-2.jpg
Admittedly mine are not the traditional hamburger-sized whoopie pies.

I've made 'em in the past, but I had to make them again. And I wanted to make some for the office because I prefer to call them Moon Pies and the attorneys I sit next to were joking they should start a "Moon Law" practice group within the firm.

But I ran out of cocoa.

Bummer for them.

100_9949.jpg

Remember! There's still time to enter the sewing maching naming contest to win either a year's subscription to Knitcircus or the Spring 2011 collection of patterns! Contest is open till 5:00 p.m. Alaska Standard Time (do the math! Ha ha!)

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah said...

oh yum.

I am stumped on the sewing machine. She just looks like a Susie to me.

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moon pies! Those look good!

I've put my thoughts in on naming your new machine.

Love, Mom

7:05 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yummy! I hate those boxed Moon Pies that stores sell, but those homemade whoopie pies look tasty!

And those politicians in Maine who are arguing about whether to make whoopie pies the state dessert - come on, they don't have anything better to worry about?!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

Whoopie Pies aren't remotely like a Moon Pie. Other than they're both round. But then I live in the land of the Whoopie Pie, so there you go.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Mmm... whoopie pies! I can attest that whatever its origins, there are more whoopie pies and more different kinds of whoopie pies in Maine than any other place I've been. Also, I agree with Poops, there's a big difference between whoopie pies and moon pies.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Drooling, for reals!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I love whoopie pies. I made them last on Labor Day and they didn't last. I always forget how good they are.

And the machine? I'm not good at naming things. I'd call her Samantha.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

GAH! I just made some and yours look 10 times better!!! Sniff...I found out, my problem may be the cocoa, it's not dutch processed aka Hershey's...sigh

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home