Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Drive By

I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday already!

Thank goodness!--in some ways--and "Oh crap! I need more hours in the day!"--in other ways.

Work has been kicking my butt.

We're divorcing a client that we've been doing a lot of work for and they have not been paying us for. Part of the final divorce agreement is that we'll finish up document production before discovery ends.

In layman's terms: "Here's 50 boxes of paper, Bezzie. Organize it in a way that's rational by the end of the week, and oh, make sure you still do the work your other three attorneys (and whoever I'm backing up that day) want you to do."

Ugh.

As such, until the divorce is finalized, you'll be getting scant post-age from me.

I'll leave you with a couple of highlights from my week:

100_9940.jpg

My license plate fell off when we were bringing our Christmas tree home this year (it fell off as I was tying the tree to the top of my car--using the front bumper as a rope anchor for the tree).

Because my car is a Michigan car--and Michigan doesn't require front plates--but New Jersey does--I had to rig this g-fab wiring of the plate to my bumper.

After four years, the wire finally rusted thru. Basement Neighbor noticed that my front plate had fallen off and was on my dashboard so he offered to drill some holes in my bumper to secure it.

As a thank you I gave him a half dozen of the Cookie of the Week--just plain-jane chocolate chip cookies.

I couldn't resist doing the license plate tag. Ha ha!

And finally, in the upcoming weekends I'll be playing with this:

100_9941.jpg

My first jelly roll of fabric! Still waiting for the rest of the fabric to come in, but I may get started on what I have planned to do to this this weekend. We'll see!

Could be a complete fail. But it should be fun trying!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Mmmm, plain chocolate chip cookies are the best! Those are my favorite dessert.

Interesting that Michigan doesn't require a front license plate. I've been to Michigan several times, since my husband and I have friends who live there, and I never noticed to the license plate thing. I'm so not observant, ha, ha!

Pretty fabric, from what I can see of it. Can't wait to see what you make with it!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! CCC's! I'd put your plate back on for you for that!

I have never used a "Jelly Roll" of fabric. What are you planning? Will there be enough fabric to do what you want? Come on tell us...tell us!

Love, Mom

11:41 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

It's too early in the morning to make sense of that wad of fabric. Delaware only requires one plate as well - which I think is weird because everywhere else I've lived has required front and back plates.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Maybe Jersey has more prisoners to keep busy and so the front and back plates? just a thought (it's still early so the thoughts are not profound here)

It that layers of fabric all rolled up? I don't think I've ever seen something like that. It's very cool.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

That was so cute! I like the license plate. Y'all have good neighbors there. We don't have front plates here either.

That fabric looks yummy.

7:14 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

ooh pretty! can't wait to see what you do with the jelly roll.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Hahaha, the license plate tag is classic! We had the same issue with our plates and having to drill them on the front.

Ugh, document boxes are evil!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

"divorcing a client" what a polite euphimism for "dumping a cheapskate"!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Ugh...on all that extra work!! :(

Cool tag for the cookies too :)

Ooooh watch out, it's easy to become a fabricaholic ;)

7:18 PM  
OpenID vivupnorth said...

Love the plate card! I wish I were that clever.

There is something about fabric jelly rolls that makes me absolutely weak in the knees. I always envision making a log cabin quilt with the 1930s color/fabric set so it looks like a big, pastel rainbow. And I don't even like pastel.

9:52 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

I am so intrigued by Jelly Rolls, but have yet to fully complete a jelly roll project. Then again, it's been quite a while since I finished ANY sewing project, so I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

I'm keen to see what you do with the Jelly Roll... I keep seeing them, and charm packs, and all those pre-cut bundles of goodness, and I want to try something; like I need another project ;-)

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home