Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pimped Out

I've seen people who have decorated their spinning wheels in various ways.

The tricked out wheels I've seen are usually pretty jawesome, but I've never been inclined to jazzify my own wheel.

However, for some reason, I had the urge to pimp my Toni Janome.

But I didn't want to permanently mar her.

I did a little surfing around and purchased a sheet of hot pink vinyl from here (great customer service by the way--she somehow screwed up my address so my purchase took a little longer to get to me, so she added a few extra sheets of vinyl for my troubles).

Next, I went onto this site and downloaded the the trashiest looking font I could find -- I picked a font called "Creampuff" -- how appropriately named!

Then using my exacto knife I got down to business and came up with this for my darling Toni Janome:

100_9915.jpg

Hee hee!

I added the little heart that dots the "i"; that wasn't part of the font.

Pimped out--yet completely removable with no residue!

100_9920.jpg

Even my little shadow helper liked it!

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Christina said...

That is awesome! I love the whole vinyl thing that's going around now, though I haven't tried it. I'm afraid if I did, all of my appliances would be tricked out. Your shadow helper is getting SO big! Adorable!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Perfect for Toni. A little bling never hurt anyone.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Love it, and now I'm tempted to order vinyl to pimp out lots of stuff around here... although I'm trying to put myself on a purchasing moratorium... Shadow-Mooch is as cute as ever, of course - the grin is priceless!

6:48 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Cute!

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaahaha!! That is really "Jawsome"! Frames that cutie real well also!! Is there anything that Toni can't do?

Love, Mom

10:37 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Cool!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Ha, ha, I love it! You've really got some skills (or should I say, "skillz") with that X-Acto knife!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

That Moochie is too cute too, by the way!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

fabulousity!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

Love it! Although really I expected more stars and rhinestones for a classy chick like Toni.

2:51 PM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Pimped and gorgeous! Loving your shadow!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Love the last pic!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Super cute! Both Toni and Moochie.

I love the the heart-dot. Classic!

1:28 AM  
Blogger JRS said...

That is so Jersey! Love it!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

What? No rhinestones? I've seen some really beautifully tricked out wheels but have not felt the urge to do that. Although, my husband offered to do velociraptors chasing humans on the new wheel (I was thinking vines and flowers).

7:27 AM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Ha! Love it.

8:27 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

love the heart about the i. it reminds me of the 80s for some reason.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

Hey, how did you insert the picture of the cute kid in the middle of your sewing machine? Does that interfere with the actual sewing?

hee hee

3:27 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

ZOMG, the little heart over the I makes the look.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home