Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring Is In the Air

Yeah, not really.

And I'm OK with that.

We're supposed to a rain/snow mix tomorrow.

People Northwest of us are supposed to get accumulation. You would think that it was raining acid (Whatever happened to acid rain? Remember how that was a big concern in the 80s? Did that become uncool to worry about as global warming became the en vogue environmental cause?).

April (snow) showers bring May flowers people!

Speaking of flowers--last week I got the final part of my spring seed order in the mail.

I splurged on a blueberry bush for pots!
100_0038

And the darn thing is already flowering--wha?!?!?!?!

Spring is also a time for cleaning. Which we will be doing a lot of in the next two weeks--for in a scant 14 days, Grandma and Grandpa Mad Scientist are coming down to visit. See, Oldest Sister Mad Scientist is getting married at the end of the month, and they're coming down first to visit with us and then on to the wedding.

We've got some cool stuff planned for while they're here. Stay tuned! Ha ha!

April 16 will also mark the 1st anniversary of our living in this apartment. It was a mere year ago we were getting ready to leave Squirrel Gables for good.

And while I don't get to see the evening arrival of the strippers anymore at the Boobie Bar across the street--I get to see the March of the Maids every morning after I drop Chunky off at school.

100_0035
Drive by picture shootings means I don't have to blur out the phone number for privacy!

Is it bad when you imagine how much you'd rather clean up other people's filth than do the job you actually have? I sigh wistfully every time I pass the March of the Maids in the morning packing up their mops and vacuums into their cars. (And yes, I've been a Mop Maiden in a past life--I know what it entails. And yes, I still wish I could trade spots with those girls!).

Finally I'll leave you on an upbeat note. After seeing this idea, I couldn't help but do it myself.

100_0049

I didn't use string though, I used ribbon. Just as good.

And Mr. Mooch couldn't get enough of it when I hung it up...hee hee! I think he'll really enjoy hunting for Easter eggs this year.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

Dude, those eggs are so cute! They're cheering me up because I just totally butchered a batch of cookies... which reminds me, did you change anything when you made the mocha cookies besides leaving out the mocha part? I tried chilling and not chilling the 'dough' which was practically liquid, and both pans came out one solid, 1/8" crispy pancake of chocolate mocha. Very disastrous...

8:25 PM  
Blogger janna said...

The eggs are adorable! But I for one am ready for Spring. Actually, I'm ready for Summer! We woke up Tuesday morning to a small accumulation of snow - just enough to cover the grass, and it was gone by noon. But still - I almost cried...

8:35 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

We keep being tantalized with spring-like weather, then thankfully the cool and rain return :0)
Love the egg garland.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Those eggs are cute!! I am going to have to try that for our story time birthday party!!

Love, Mom

9:38 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Slushy rain is better than actual snow, I don't have to shovel it as it melts when it hits the ground...yes, I know, I would make a bad Alaskan...

9:44 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That egg wreath rocks - what a great idea! Spring is my favorite season, and Easter is my favorite holiday. I hung my Easter flag that says "Spring at last!" outside a few days ago, only to have it snow yesterday - grrr!

My youngest sister is a "Mop Maiden". She's been cleaning houses for I think at least 12 years now. She doesn't have any paid time off (she works for a small family owned company), and spends her days scrubbing floors on her hands and knees, and scrubbing out people's nasty toliets.

Not to mention dealing with being looked down on by assorted wealthy, stay at home moms she's cleaned/cleans for (I'm still trying to figure out why a person who doesn't work, and has kids in school all day would need a housekeeper).

I have a lot of respect for her for doing that job, and for as long as she's been at it. It makes my lowly secretary job look pretty cushy in comparison.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Egg wreath is really cute and man, you have a nice big kitchen! Mine is a postage stamp in comparison!

My SIL used to clean houses. Said it was better than what she's doing now (selling cars).

Hope the visits with the Mad Scientists goes well!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

We're getting 6 -12 inches up here today. The lilacs are starting to bud.

It's just wrong, man.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

And what do May Flowers bring?
Pilgrims!

It's raining here so we feel like we're dodging a bullet of sorts. I'd almost rather it snow than this cold rain.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring is my favorite season...especially since I have a birthday then. I love your idea with the eggs. I have dozens of those plastic eggs from Easters past. That might be a project for me today....
Good luck with all your plants/flowers.
Love, Aunt Susan

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

Nice egg garland! I don't decorate worth crap. Sigh.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home