Monday, May 02, 2011

The World Needs More Cookies

It's been a weird day for those of us on the East Coast who don't watch TV at night.

I think there's enough people who are thinking like I am so I'll save my finger strength for blogging about less controversial things like the cookie of the week.

Hawaiian Cookies

Hawaiian cookies!

I know I've blogged about these probably twice before, but they're soooo good! Ha ha! They're number two on Chunky's list of favorite cookies. (Plain old chocolate chip is number one.)

I've recently developed a new obsession--cookie plates.

As we have a serious lack of thriftstores in North Jersey and I'm hesitant to garage sale (for reasons I can't blog about yet) I've been scouring the internets for interesting little teacup saucers or dessert plates. The trick is finding interesting ones that aren't really expensive.

Hawaiian Cookies

This little blue saucer is a ubiquitous Fiestaware saucer.

I've never technically seen Hawaii, but I imagine the water and/or sky might look like that saucer.

In the mood for more cookies? It's a Knitcircus kind of week! New issue on Wednesday! The cookie this issue is another one that's on Chunky's top 10 list!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Yum! They look great. Are they chewy? I love a chewy cookie. There are a few pretty big thrift store on Rte 22 in Watchung, if you're ever driving along that way.

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want those cookies!! Cute plate & it does look like the sky/water in Hawaii. Love, Aunt Susan

8:28 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

The cookies look delish, as usual. And yes that plate does match the lovely blue waters of Hawaii!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I love fiestaware. I'd buy all different colors of each piece and have a rainbow table. Unfortunately, I'm not independently wealthy so I'll stick with the plain plates I have.

Thrift shops are few and far between here. I never realized how few until I started reading about how people are always shopping at them and finding such great stuff.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you did see something when your father and I went to Hawaii!!! You were in that water also!
The cookies look GREAT!
Love, Mom

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I have an unhealthy habit of picking up dishes. I have a few too many sets but I really do use them! Those look GOOD.

8:15 AM  
Blogger SHELLY said...

I'm intrigued by your garage sale hesitancy.r

8:35 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yummy looking cookies! And yummy looking plate too. I love Fiestaware! I've always to buy some, but they're too expensive for me. I agree with Donna Lee - I'd love to have some in every color.

You don't have any Unique Thrift stores in NJ, or Salvation Army or Goodwill? It seems like we have a thrift/secondhand store on every block here in the Cleveland area. Must be because we're such a poverty-stricken area, ha, ha!

Chunky is a smart kid - plain chocolate chip cookies are the best, and my favorite too!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Gah, typos! Meant to say I've always wanted to buy some Fiestaware.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

P.S. I very rarely watch TV in the evenings either. I work with a whole bunch of people who think I'm weird for not sitting in front of the TV for 4 or 5 hours every evening. I'd rather read or sew or knit.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Suzanne said...

Its glacier blue! Have you seen the Kenai River? I'd say its Alaska blue. Heh!

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home