Saturday, July 16, 2011

Great Weekend

We've needed a decent weekend.

On tap this weekend was, despite my initial grumbling that he didn't need a kiddie pool and the neighbors bought him one anyway, some Moochie-water-fun:

019

And another delicious way to beat the heat--my own homemade Jersey peach ice cream.

031

Oh man, sooooo good! Can't really tell it's "homemade."

And finally, I'd like to announce a new member of our family.

029

It's Happy Feet!

Normally I wouldn't think about adopting so fast after another cat's passing (McDoodle!), but we have been contemplating adopting another katze for about six months now.

When one of Steve's peeps informed him that the Montclair Animal Shelter she worked at was having a street fair tonight and that cat adoption fees were half-off, we figured, what the heck, we'd check it out.

Ok, so maybe we tossed the cat carrier in the trunk before we left...

And after having TOTAL cat overload looking at so many incredible cats, we settled on Happy Feet.

I'm just excited to have another girl in the house! Happy Feet also has two boys. One of them was my first choice for adoption, but Dr. Mad Scientist really fell for Happy.

She's a little freaked out by her new house, but I imagine as time goes on she'll become a little more adventurous.

If you're interested--here's her Petfinder Listing. There's an even better face picture of her.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger ccr in MA said...

Congrats on the new addition! It's hard to fill the empty space, but I can't imagine living without a cat. She's so cute!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

She's beautiful

8:20 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Ms. Happy is adorable, as is Moochie in his pool. And the ice cream looks yummy, too!

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Happy! does Squeeky like her?
Boy! I could swim with that cute fish!
I have not had peaches in a long time I might have to get some!
Love, Mom

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

What a sweet cat!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Congrats on your new family addition :0) She sounds like a sweetie - I hope she settles in soon, although she seems to have found a 'safe' spot quickly.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Congrats on bringing Happy Feet home! I'm sure she'll be settled into your lap while you're knitting in no time.

10:18 AM  
Blogger JRS said...

She's beautiful! I'm sure she'll make a great addition to your family. I'm volunteering at the animal shelter in Ann Arbor now and since it's kitten season we are completely overloaded with cats--great time of year to adopt. Have fun with her!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Awww, what an adorable little kitty cat! I'm glad you adopted another. It breaks my heart when my local animal shelter has $5 cat days, because they are overwhelmed with cats that need homes.

I adore cats, and would love to have a second one, but my son is mildly allergic to cats (found out this out after we had our current cat for some years).

And now I'm wondering I'm developing a cat allergy too, because for the first time in my life, I've been getting itchy, watery eyes whenever I'm around my cat. Really strange, since I've had cats my entire life.

Looks like Moochie is having fun in the pool!

4:28 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

aww, congrats on the new kitty! love her hiding spot.

i wish i had homemade ice cream.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I miss making homemade ice cream. I can't find the dasher for my ice cream maker and I don't want to buy a new one because then I'll find the old one. When I bought my new mixer, I got a coupon for a free ice cream maker attachment. I'm hoping it comes soon (but it will probably come in November when it's not hot!)

8:26 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Aww such a cutie. Welcome, Happy Feet! What beautiful markings.

9:27 PM  
Blogger knitting-cat said...

She is beautiful. What a great story.

The kiddie pool looks like fun.

Stay cool.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

your ice cream looks so good and your new furry friend...so sweet!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Cute! Welcome little Happy Feet, she's precious.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home