Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bob Bob!

You know how toddlers fixate on ONE thing and ONE thing only?

It becomes an obsession with them--be it a favorite blankie or stuffed animal.

Moochie has two obsessions.

One of those happens to be his pajamas.

Last fall, when the weather was cold, and he was a little over 18 months old, we bought him a couple of pairs of long sleeved footed jammies.

He LOVES these things.

So much so that he refused to give up wearing them to bed when the temperatures started to rise in the spring/early summer and putting him to bed in too-tight footed jammies would be considered child abuse.

In a fit of frustration, and thinking I could get him to give up his tired old jammies, I cut off the legs and arms.

Untitled-1 1.psd

No dice. He still demands to wear them. Sigh.

The second Mooch-fixation is absorbent and yellow and porous is he.

That's right, Sponge Bob Square Pants.

However to the 2 year old tongue Sponge Bob Square Pants is translated to Bob Bob!

Now as the weather is getting "cooler" I've decided to see if I can get one obsession to cancel out the other.

004

Bob Bob flannel for new Moochie jammies.

Wish me luck!

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Feet-in jammies are the best ever! When I lived in a colder climate, I secretly wished for an adult-sized pair of feet-in jammies.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have faith in you! You have done so much sewing to this day these pj's should be a snap!

OH! OH!OH! Hug that little guy till he POPS!!!!

Love, Mom

10:53 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

You can do it! Cool fabric!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I like SpongeBob too. I'm sure the new pajamas will turn out great!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I have to say, I have a pair of adult sized footie pj's and I love them in the winter for hanging around the house. I can't wear them to bed, pj's make me feel like I'm being strangled. I don't like to wear clothes to bed.

I give up my soft, fluffy jammies when the temps rise. (and I'm not a Bob Bob fan). I used to cut the feet off those jammies for my girls. They'd get the jammies worn in so they were comfy and didn't want to give them up. It was My Little Pony pink ones.

7:07 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

very cute! good luck with the pjs!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I would like Bob Bob fabric. Where does one find Bob Bob fabric? Because there's a certain almost 11 year old that would probably enjoy new pj pants with Bob Bob on them. I think I just like saying Bob Bob.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

My twins are obsessed with Blue's Clues. I used to think they were just weird for sprinkling sign language through the whole thing, until my pre-verbal toddlers started flashing me the "Blue's Clues" hand signs. Haha.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Good luck! Pi went through a Dora obsession. So glad that's over, though it's been replaced with *shudder* the Bieber.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Thanks for that ear-worm!!! Thankfully my boys' only fleetingly liked 'Bob'. Mind you, there's time yet! I'd wish you luck, but you don't need it - you rock the TJ :0)

4:06 PM  
Anonymous ~MG said...

Oh I remember those obsessive days. Looks like I'll be heading there again in the next year.

I bet the Sponge Bob switcheroo will work like a charm:)

8:20 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

can't wait to see the Bob Bob jammies!!!

11:19 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Add me to the list that had long sleeve footie pajamas as a kid. Loved those things!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home