Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Summer of Sweaters

I started the summer by finishing a sweater for Moochie.

Not to be outdone--I finished Chunky's Harry Pooper sweater on Saturday!

100_0917

I think he likes it!

100_0921

Being the trend setter that Chunky is, Mooch had to go digging thru his drawers and unearthed a sweater that Knitter Bunny gifted him when he was just a wee little Moochito!

100_0922

Shhh! Don't tell him that he's wearing it inside out.

Or that it's 95 degrees outside!

The details:

Pattern: Harry Potter Sweater by Alison Hansel

Yarn: Red Heart baby!

Needles: US 5

Notes: Ugh! This was a bor-ing sweater! I was so excited to have it done. I seamed it up, and gave it to Chunky to try on--only to find it was too short in the body! Grrr. So instead of frogging the cast on edge to knit a few more inches, I picked up the stitches at the bottom and knit a 2x2 ribbing. I think it looks a bit more polished than the rolled edge, although a ribbed edge isn't as "authentic."

The heat didn't deter him from wearing his sweater on Monday.

Because we went to Howe Caverns to hang with Grandma Great and Auntie Jaywalker.

100_0972

It was 50 degrees down there--pure HEAVEN!!!

Of course the tour guide asked him if he was wearing an Alvin and the Chipmunks sweater or a Harry Potter sweater. D'oh!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Willow thought it was Alvin's sweater from Alvin and the Chipmunks! Both are adorable!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

you did an awesome job! i love it! and both your little fellas are looking so grown up!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

"A" is for Awesome! Nice job :0)

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang that was fast! Chunky looks real good in his sweater! Glad he didn't have to wait till November to wear it!

Love, Mom

11:37 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job on Chunky's sweater! Hehe...Moochie is getting so big!! Sounds like a good time at the cave ;)

12:40 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Really great sweater! I'm so impressed at how fast you knit! I didn't think about Alvin and the Chipmunks until I read that, ha, ha!

1:02 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I'm always amazed at how cool it is in the caves. Chunky looks great in his sweater. The color suits him well.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

How cute is Moochie?!?! I love the HP sweater!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Great job!! It's worth it when the kiddos love what you make, isn't it?

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

It's adorable! He looks like he loves it. I'm with Jo, I thought Alvin too, shows my age...

Caverns are the best. I'm so tired of the heat. Just done with summer! We've got another 2 months of it here! I hope y'all get an early and cold winter!

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home