Friday, September 23, 2011

Stretched

Most people stop blogging in summer when they're out and about.

For me, it seems to be fall. Between Bez 3.0 sucking me dry, work, school back up and running again and Chunky's football practices and games, I'm exhausted and not much has been happening in the creativity department.

I did finish my sewing machine cover though.

002

I had bought a yard of this oil cloth on a whim (I swear those Fabric.com "Deal of the Days" tempt me at the virtual checkout!). I've been sitting on it for a while and figured this would be the perfect.

001

I didn't really follow a pattern. It was basically like sewing a bag. Well actually that WAS what I did. It's just an upside down bag to go on top of my Toni!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Don't let Your Youngest Sister see it she will want it!!! That is her color!

I didn't look at the pattern link that I sent you did you? Was it a upside down bag?

Good cover for Toni! You can't even see her....even at the bottom.

Love, Mom

11:40 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

And it adds a wonderful touch of 'tropical' to the room :0)

6:16 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Really cute cover - I love that fabric!

12:52 PM  
Blogger janna said...

I love the fabric! It's so happy!

1:17 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

At least you're busy. I have no real excuse for my pathetic quantity of blogs lately. Nice sewing machine cover. Very stylish!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

That's a good solution for Toni. She can remain dust free until you're ready to sit down and sew. I've never sewn on oilcloth. Is it difficult?

8:16 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i love that fabric! very cool! i should make a nicer looking cover for my machine rather than the bland black thing that came with it.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Love it!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love it - it would make a great tote or grocery bag, too. I love having loud bags because then I don't lose them.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

that's perfect!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Great color! Now Toni can sleep nice and comfy like.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home