Monday, September 26, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Fall

So it might have been 80 degrees outside.

And tomorrow may be 78 degrees.

But I am assured fall is technically here.

Last Sunday we sent apple picking.

010

013

And this past weekend I spent two hours chopping up apple into little bits to make--

002

A measley three jars of applesauce and a delicious apple pie.

Oh that pie! Oh mama! It's a very interesting recipe. Miss T of Knitcircus fame passed it along to me. It's a "Swedish" apple pie. Not quite an American apple pie with a true dough-top crust, nor a Dutch/French crumb-top pie. Kind of a cross between both--and VERY delicious.

Finally, and I don't know where the hell I get the energy to do this stuff (I'm freaking exhausted right now)--it's time for Cookie of the Week.

Of course now that I go back to link to the recipe, I can see I did it wrong, maybe I was asleep. Ah well, the taste is still amazing!

003

These are Samoa Bark.

As you can see, I should have folded the coconut into the caramel. Ah well.

004

I made two batches--one for home and one for work, and they didn't last too long!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger janna said...

Those look so yummy! And it's definitely fall here -- chilly and rainy.....

8:45 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Looks tasty!

I don't know where you get all that energy either, being pregnant, with two younger kids, and working full time, too. Don't wear yourself out before that baby comes!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Oh man, I don't know where you get the energy either. When I was pregnant I just wanted to sleep. Take care of yourself and enjoy those beautiful apples - the pie looks amazing (the cookies look like hard work - but delish).
:0)

4:21 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

It's foggy this morning and going over the bridge into Phila was a bit eerie (thoughts of Steven Kings' The Mist keep rolling through my head) and it's warm. I'm looking forward to the end of the week when it should feel like fall.

The pie looks yummy. I was wondering why the apples were showing on the top. What's the top crust made of?

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say to slow down but I know that is an unreal request....been there done that!

My next ??? is.....How MANY did those THREE boys of your's eat? You would think that you had teenagers in your house already!

Cookies look yummy!

Take care!

Love, Mom

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool & rainy here in the QCA...I ache all over.

Pie & cookies look yummy. Apple picking is the best!

Be good to yourself & take it easy.

Love, Aunt Susan

7:55 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

The leaves have been turning in my neighborhood, but I think you'll appreciate my true sign of fall. Our house backs up to a gully full of trees. In the winter, I can see details on the back of every house on Wainwright, the street on the other side of the gully. In the summer, I can't see a thing, since the leaves are full of trees.

Last night, I looked out the window on our new kitchen door, and I saw a light on Wainwright. Fall is coming quickly. And why do I think YOU will appreciate this story? Because I was on the can when I noticed the light. :-P

8:17 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

to be fair, those are pretty big jars of apple sauce! And that pie.... mmmmmmmmmmm.

Also - when is your cookie of the month calendar coming out? I want to like my computer screen right now. =P

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you are one of those people who go, go, go all day long until you finally sit down - then you are done for the day, right? I am kind of that way.

I am making some Samoa Bark. It looks divine.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

oh my gosh....i can practically taste that apple pie through my computer screen!!!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Yum, looks good! I'm hoping to go this Sunday. Did you got to Alstede? I think I'm going to try the one in East Brunswick b/c they have a corn maze which looks fun.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home