Sunday, October 30, 2011

Snowtober!!

I had planned to show this FO a little closer to Christmastime.

However since we got some good old fashioned snow before Halloween...

004

008

I figured today was as good as any.

004

What is it?

It's a mug rug.

Imagine if a coaster and a placemat had an affair that produced babies. This is what their offspring would look like.

003

It has room for a mug (or bottle of water as I use--at work where I will actually use this thing) and snack.

Of course I'll be eating something more delicious than Moochie's plastic pretzel.

The only problem with Snowtober in the Lower 48 is that the leaves weren't fully off the trees and these cheechako trees couldn't handle this weather so early in the year.

005

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger T. Budnik said...

Whew! I'm glad you explained that was a kiddie plastic pretzel. I was going to ask what kind of freakin' snacks you eat! Haha!

I like the concept. I always hesitate where to put my snack at work, especially since I didn't have any good cleaning supplies to scrub it down before I settled in.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

beeeutiful! Did you lose power?

10:56 AM  
Blogger d said...

So snowy! And talk about lame-ass trees. New Jersey needs to make a phone call just north to Ontario: we'll tell them how to plant trees that can handle a little early snow.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is cute! Did you embroider the snowfakes?

What you don't like plastic pretzels?

We are just getting our first snow today! It is snow for Halloween up in P-town!!

Love, Mom

1:21 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Oh, the snow! About half of our town lost power, but we got lucky and never lost it. Buuuuut, a wimpy tree dropped a branch right over the windshield of my car. CRACK! Oh well!

Nice mug rug! I have one of those for work too. I'm sure the germs on a work desk ae nasty, so I won't put anything edible right onto the desk!

8:02 PM  
Blogger janna said...

The mug rug is really cute! (And you can just keep that snow.)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Cute mug rug! Hope you're enjoying the bit of snow you got.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I heard about all the snow in the Northeast, and I was actually wondering early if you got any.

I hate snow with every fiber of my being, so I would have cried if we got snow here in the Cleveland area. It's bad enough that it usually starts around Thanksgiving - I can't handle getting snow before Halloween!

Cute mug rug, by the way!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Our snow hardly stuck around the night. I used to have a friend whose birthday (12/8) was always a snowy day and I was so jealous. Mine is coming up (11/13) - let's hope for snow then!

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home