Sunday, October 09, 2011

Woah, an FO!

I recently actually finished something this past week!

002

The details--

Pattern: Smocked Socks

Yarn: Berroco Alpaca Sox

Needles: US 2

Notes: This was a really easy pattern to memorize and very cool the way it "smocked." The smocking is kind of hard to see in the pictures though. But I do love the coloring of this yarn and don't think it was a bad choice for this pattern.

001

I'm not sure I'm in love with the wear of this yarn. I just washed these for the first time and if you think the color obscures the smocking, you should see the fuzzy halo that obscures it now!

Ah well, they're still warm and comfy, so who really cares?

Less than a week now until Rhinebeck! It's my first (and probably only time) going and I'm quite excited.

I'm actually hoping to find some non-sock yarn.

Why? Because my non-sock yarn stash was lost in a tragic twist of events this past summer.

004

The twist of events is also why my clock radio is encased in a plastic baggie now until January 2013.

Now I just need to come up with some projects to shop for yarn for!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger grandmastatus said...

Those look really fluffy and cozy. :)

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Have fun at Rhinebeck!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are really cute! I really like the colors!

Like Sarah said have fun a Rhinebeck!!

Love, Mom

6:24 PM  
Blogger ccr in MA said...

I'm trying to imagine what tragic turn of events results in lost yarn and a plastic-wrapped clock radio, and my mind is twisting in circles. Anyway, nice socks!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Rhinebeck!! I was planning on it this year, but circumstances yada yada yada... Have a fantastic time :)

8:00 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

oh no! that sounds terrible--i'm sorry you lost your stash.

now i wish i were going to rhinebeck after all. oh well.

i like the socks and i've experienced the fuzziness of alpaca too. the warmth will hopefully counteract the lack of stitch definition.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Enjoy Rhinebeck!!

Okay that sucks about your yarn....that completely sucks!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I like that pattern with that yarn. I found holes in the heels of two pairs of socks this past week. I either have to darn them (and the first pair did not go well. I waited too long) or I have to knit more faster.

Have fun at Rhinebeck. One year I might get there. My husband wants to go to the aerodome there.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Summer + plastic bag covering your clock...is there a pool and open window involved? + Cannonball? Do tell!

1:23 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I think I know what the tragic turn of events is and man, that SUCKS. Hope you scored good at Yarnbeck

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home