Monday, November 14, 2011

2X The Girliness

I cast this sweater on before we knew the sex of Baby Bez 3.0.

006

I thought it would be a nice unisexual color. Hmm.

Kind of.

I think Chunky summed it up best when he said the color was kind of "groovy."

Details--

Pattern: Tulips Baby Sweater (pretty ubiquitous if you google for the pattern, so I'm not going to link).

Yarn: Socks that Rock, Fire on the Mountain

Needles: US2

Notes: I made Moochie a Tulips sweater from Koigu mill ends I bought on my first (and only!) trip to Maryland Sheep and Wool. I wanted to do the same thing for Baby Bez 3.0 except with yarn from Rhinebeck.

However, everything at Rhinebeck was either to girly or too boyly (this little girl's already going to have a lot of boy stuff to wear/play with/use).

And then it hit me--Jen, our wonderful chauffeur/tour director gave Chris and I "raffle" prizes for our little trip to Rhinebeck. Just like the big tour buses do when a yarn store charters one for a fiber festival pilgrimage. Ha ha! Thus the groovy Fire on the Mountain Tulips baby sweater was born.

I've already got a hermetically sealed bag of girly clothes and handknits for Baby Bez 3.0.

I've been waiting 10 years to knit this stuff for my own kid! Ha ha!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Love those colors! Yay, finally a Tulip sweater for a Bez baby!

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE those colors!!!!!!!!!

Dang! Why can't I be Baby Bez3.0????

You know I would look really good in a hat of those colors!

Love, Mom

PS: Feeling guilty? Good the "Motherhood Skills" still work!!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

They're kind of tie-dye-y colours. And we love a bit'o'tie-dye in this house :0)

4:44 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I think it's adorable, and I love the colors! Can't wait to see what else you make for the new baby!

6:30 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

so cute and bright! yay baby bez

7:15 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I didn't knit when I was having babies. I guess I'll have to wait for grandbabies. I've had a lot of coworkers have children who have gotten some handknits.

I love the tulip sweater pattern and it looks good in those colors. Bright and happy.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Love it! I don't think I knitted anything for Molly until after she was born.

8:13 AM  
Blogger grandmastatus said...

Totally groovy.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Chunky's assessment is awesome.

Love the sweater and baby Bez 3.0 will be totally groovy in it.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I love it! Chunky is right- it is groovy.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home