Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blinky Slippers

And so the additions go on.

Today I give you little itty bitty baby shoes/booties/slippers, whatever...

004

The details:

Pattern: Magic Slippers

Yarn: Remember those unisexual colored Koigu mill ends I bought for Moochie's Tulips Baby Sweater? Well I let one girly mill end slip into my haul. This is it!

Needles: US 2

Notes: Now I'm not sure why the one slipper has kind of a boxy looking toe. But no worries. These will probably fit Baby Bez 3.0 for approximately 3 seconds. If even.

Just like the booties I have saved from the boys. Those booties now hang in my rearview mirror.

Chunky's pair were a late gift from a friend (knitted, but not handmade--or if they are by some nameless Asian person in a sweatshop overseas), and because they were late, they never fit Chunky.

Moochie's pair are a pair gifted from a real knitter that fit him for approximately 2 seconds.

Which is why I knit these pretty much with my mirror in mind.

One of the frighting things I learned at my 19 week ultrasound is that this girl has huge feet. Like 3 centimeters (and that was 2 weeks ago) long. Doesn't seem like much, but her femur measured 2.9 cms. Good lord.

How is it that Dr. Mad Scientist and I are breeding these freakishly tall or large featured children??

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Discoknits said...

They are the cuteness! Get them on her as soon as she's out and don't take them off, 'cept for bathing :0)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Cute!

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't let YYS see them she will want some! That is her color!

It is those "TALL GENES" that skip two generations!

Love, Mom

11:19 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Those are too cute! I wish that I had known how to sew/knit/crochet when my kids were babies. I learned too late.

I'm amazed that you could find out the size of the baby's feet at the ultrasound - they've really come a long way since I had my kids. My 13 year old daughter is taller than me, and has big, size 9 feet (I wear a 6). That's good though, because she can't borrow my shoes anymore, ha, ha!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Something in the water.....

7:14 AM  
Blogger grandmastatus said...

Super cute!
My chunk didn't fit in ANY of the baby shoes we bought for him. Now, he's 1 year old and wears a size 8!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Love the color! Even though I knew how to crochet, I didn't do anything other than a blanket when I was preggo with Piper and even then took me til she was 1 to finish it!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

those are big feet! PeeWee's feet were about that size when she was born, early but it was still 32 weeks! Love the purple :-)

7:39 AM  
Blogger janna said...

I think it's highly unlikely that her feet will be longer than her femurs by the time she's born! But yeah -- those adorable little booties may never fit!

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

FINALLY! A GIRL! CONGRATS!

Were you on top this time? :-P

I can't wait to hear the nickname you'll give this one!!

LOVE YA! XOXO

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home