Monday, November 28, 2011

What I Did Over My Four Day Vacation

I swear to cats, four day weekends are the best. I get so much done!

Thursday was, of course, Thanksgiving. I cooked our 19 pound free Shoprite turkey. And now we'll be eating turkey well into 2012.

001
Mr. Mooch likes to enjoy his juice box out of a champagne flute. A regular juice box is so pedestrian.

On Friday, I made my Christmas cards.

003

I stole the idea for these cards from here.

Saturday, we traveled to northwestern Nueva Jersey and got our Christmas tree.

009

Fresh-cut trees last so much longer than those darn tree-lot trees!

Finally on Sunday, it was a momentous occasion!

025

Chunky's 10th birthday! Gah, I'm way too young to have a 10 year old! Ha ha!

His cake was a football cake. Thank goodness these boys ask for simple cakes!

I also finished a ton of Christmas knitting, but alas, you can't see that! Sorry!

Now I'm counting down to my next 4 day weekend--only 12 more workdays to go. Of course that 4 day weekend will probably be peppered with phone calls from the office!

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Discoknits said...

Looks like you'll be eating birthday cake well into 2012 too - the size of that thing!!!!
Great looking Christmas cards :0)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

You sure got a lot done - I'm impressed! Cute cards!

And happy (belated) birthday to Chunky! Wait until he's a teenager in a few years - then you'll really feel old, ha, ha!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Old!!!! When I was your age I had a 13 year old and 5 other kids!!!

Happy Decade Birthday Chunky!!

Cute Cake!!! I bet "The Boys" have it all gone!!

Cute cards! I haven't even thought of what I am going to do for mine!!!

Love, Mom

11:45 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

Glad you all had a nice Thanksgiving. Happy Birthday to Chunky. I really like your cards.

3:34 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Chunky hit double digits! Happy Birthday to you both (I think Moms should get credit on birthdays too).

Our weekend was sooo lazy and now we're counting down the days until the next days off, too but we'll have to wait until the 23rd. Just three weeks and change.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Chunky is a decade! Yay! What a cool mom to make that cake :-)

Turkey turns into a lot of good frozen meals at least!!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Happy 10th to Chunky!

Mr. Mooch is so high class.

All I did over the weekend was cook, eat, wash up, and cook some more. Oh, a go for a bike ride.

9:11 AM  
Blogger janna said...

I used to make my Christmas cards. Now I don't even send any. Except this year, I have vowed to go out and buy a box to send -- I realized last year that I didn't get many cards anymore, so people must be crossing me off their lists!

And Happy Birthday, Chunky!

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home