Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What I Did With My Weekend (On Wednesday)

Oh where to start!

First was Saturday--the day of taking this:

006

And turned it into this:

001

It's a baby blanket for Baby Bez 3.0.

The top is just a simple "scrappy circles" (sewn on there so that the edges of the circles are raw and will eventually ravel) pattern.

But my favorite has to be the back:

003

Minky!! Holy crap that stuff is so soft!! And warm.

There's no batting, but I did tie the front to the back.

Not the girliest colors in the world. I still find myself gravitating to uber-girly colors only about half the time.

Sunday, I hooked up with Chris for a trip to the Lion Brand Outlet.

The LB Outlet store is nestled in the New Jersey that the jokes about New Jersey are made of.

006

It's located in Carlstadt, NJ which I seriously believe is just one giant industrial park nestled in the shadow of NYC.

Which is where the LB Outlet was--you drive and drive past warehouses and down rutted roads, past tons of parked tractor trailers--and then you reach the LB Outlet.

Inside, after you go thru the doors that have crocheted and knitted cozies on the handles...you're greeted by a ginormous knitted work of art.

004

I'm not sure what was my favorite--the argyle giraffe or the giant snake!

There are rows of deeply discounted bags of yarn that Lion Brand carries.

When you fill up your cart, you'll find this seasonal display by the register:

005

A giant ice skating lion and a snow-lion (and another penguin!). Again, all knit!

I walked away with a TON of yarn for less than $100. I highly, highly, highly recommend a trip to this outlet if you ever find yourself in northern New Jersey and have the urge to see where Hoffa might be buried and satisfy your cheap-yarn craving at the same time.

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

That quilt is absolutely GORGEOUS. If I had to pick something perfect for my daughter, that would be it! :)

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So it is ladybugs! Cute! I am getting a good laugh out of how you have turned into your MOM!!!!hahahahahaha!!!!

Love, Mom

10:27 PM  
Blogger janna said...

The quilt is adorable! I love ladybugs -- I had them stenciled on my kitchen windowsills in SA....

11:09 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Super cute quilt! And perfect for a newborn baby too, since they have a hard time seeing pastels.

Lucky you living so close to that Lion Brand outlet - I'm totally jealous! : )

12:00 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Cute baby quilt. I'm still scared to do anything with circles. =P

8:55 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Love the blankie :) I didn't even know LB had an outlet!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

LOVE the ladybugs! That knitting is amazing!

5:56 PM  
Blogger SHELLY said...

I love the quilt! I've been on the lookout for ladybug fabric to have a little drawstring bag made to hang on my ladybug wheel. Do you remember where you got it?

4:21 PM  
Blogger Kaye said...

The ladybug fabric is from fabric.com. The line is called "Urban Zoologie."

6:54 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Lovely quilt! Baby Bez 3.0 is going to have such sophisticated baby things!

Thanks for the review of the LB Outlet. I've been meaning to brave the wilds of Carlstadt myself.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I love the quilt, we love all things ladybugs in our house!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home