Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Drive By!

Dr. Mad Scientist has to hop on the 'puter to input progress reports, so I have to make this short.

Two more things I accomplished this weekend--

001

What is it?

002

Why it's a...

003

Gift card holder!

As part of a household that shells out money for school supplies from their own pockets so public school kids get a decent education, I like to give Chunky's teachers Staples giftcards.

Pretty damn boring gift, but I'm hoping this little reindeer makes it a bit less boring.

Finally I turned some of the little Mochi Mochi pencils I knit last year into magnets. I'll probably give a couple of those to Chunky's teacher this year too.

005

Like the picture? That's a portrait one of Dr. Mad Scientist's students did of him.

I think he did a great job. With the exception he gave him too much hair--hahahahahaah!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to be one of Chunky's teachers!! Those are cute!! Where do you get ALL of your ideas?

Love, Mom

PS: That is a real good picture of Dr. MS!!

11:40 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i love the minis into magnets! those tiny mochimochi toys are so cute but i never know what to do with them. great idea!

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

those are cute magnets! I've knit the magnet inside of the little things before and it works well if you have those tiny strong magnets.

I like the reindeer! That's a great teacher gift. Thoughtful and useful. And cute.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

That's a very thoughtful gift! I love the magnets and the gift card holder. And the kid who drew the picture is quite talented!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

That is a cute gift card holder! Love the pencil magnets too!

8:26 AM  
Blogger whichendisup said...

Good grief, my eyes need to be examined! At first I thought the reindeer was Winnie the Pooh, thus being a treat holder for Moochie on the tree. Sigh.... Both are great ideas by the way!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

That is the cutest little gift card holder! Such an awesome pic of Dr. MS! His students must adore him!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home