Monday, December 12, 2011

Little Sister

It was another productive weekend round these here parts!

I finished another (and probably final) piece for Baby Bez 3.0's "trousseau."

007

The details:

Pattern: Little Sister's Dress (if you go on to the Place That Shall Not Be Named, you can find the pattern for free.)

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in "Iris Gardens"

Needles: US2

Notes: Overall a really easy pattern to follow. It's a top-down design (I'm a huge fan of top-down especially for baby stuff--I find seaming makes already small baby stuff bulkier; I'm not that great at seaming knitwear.), and while you have to pay attention a bit, it still makes for a mindless-TV-watching-knit.

The only mod I made was that I used 3 buttons, not 2.

008

My crocheted edging leaves some room to be desired, but it will do.

I'm also not too fond of the pooling right at the waist, but eh, look at the target audience. Will a teeny little Baby Bez 3.0 really care?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I think it's adorable, even with the pooling! Baby girl Bez is going to be one stylish dresser with all her handknitted clothes. Baby girls are so much fun to dress up!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! That is sooooooo cute!!! Can't wait to see her in it! Naturally the Big Brothers will be holding her!!

Love, Mom

12:00 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Oh, I love it. The pooling is funky (in a good way). And the buttons make it so stylish and special. Nice job :0)

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

that's precious :-)

6:34 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

it's very cute! i love the little buttons. and LL? lucky baby!

8:17 AM  
Blogger whichendisup said...

Target audience or not, that is one snazzy dress. That you have the energy to be so productive halfway through this adventure is crazy!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love it! I have made this a few times for Piper and it is so convenient because it can go from being a dress to being a tunic vest.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Cute little dress :)

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home