Sunday, December 18, 2011

Seven Five Things

Sara infected awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award.

Because as the redundant blog name says---I can randomly meander in my posts!

Part of the schpiel of this award is to reveal seven things about yourself before you pass it along.

So here goes.

1. My deadly sin is sloth, but in the avoidance of vanity I suppose. This is why I wear my hair back and don't wear contacts or makeup. I would rather sleep in the extra 15 to 30 minutes (or however long, I obviously don't know) to do something nice with my hair, pop in contacts, and put on my face.

2. I always have to put my left sock on before my right sock. Same goes for shoes.

3. Call me an Evil Mom, but I don't think the feeling of a gestating child writing in one's uterus is a "magical feeling" that I could "enjoy all day!" I mean it's cool the first time, but after that it's kind of disconcerting. I'm tempted to obtain a tapeworm to see if it's similar.

4. People think I'm just health-conscious for taking the stairs. In actuality, I'm a bit elevator-phobic. Not completely--I will take them if forced to or I am carrying boxes. That accident in the city further solidifies this semi-phobia. The building I work in was built in 1957 and I'm sure the elevators are vintage originals. Doesn't help that the building super is kind of a doofus always dinking aroudn in them.

5. I think those "cake pop" things are disgusting. I mean they're cute and clever. But the thought that someone broke up a bunch of cake, mixed it with frosting and then took their hands and rolled it into a ball and stuck it on a stick makes my stomach turn. I understand people will roll out cookies with their hands--but at least those get baked afterwards.

6. Alright, I can't think of anything else.

So I'm going to do two things now:

1. Nominate the next person for this blog-designation. I tried to think of two people, but I've got a hungry little Moochie whining for "yummy lunch" right now so I can only think of one--

Melissa, that's you. She does quite a bit, crochet, crafting, photography, kids' stuff...versatile if I've ever seen it!

2. I'm going to pimp Sara's pattern in Interweave Knits Accessories. Her pattern is the Jellyfish Scarf.

You can check it out on her blog or on The Place That Shall Not Be Named. I stopped by Barnes and Noble and bought a copy of the magazine just for this pattern. It's a great pattern--it's interesting construction (ha ha!) and yet it's still easy to do while you're sitting in front of the TV.

Gotta say though, I still stand beside my decision not to renew my normal IK subscription. I had to laugh when the pictures of her scarf included the model* yanking at the one end of the scarf. It wouldn't be IK if you didn't have one shot of the model yanking at what she was modeling!



*The model they chose to wear her scarf I found kind of scary in her drag-queen makeup. One of the things I liked about IK in the past was their girl-next-door models. I subscribe to Vogue Knits for their weird looking models. For a better shot of the scarf in all its glory I recommend going to Sara's blog or Rav directly.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I read this post I realized YOU ARE MY DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You get your elevator phobia from me! I'll take the stairs TWICE before I take one of those things!!

Love you Daughter!

Mom

1:58 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Those were interesting!

I was just reading an article on the NY Times website about the elevator accident yesterday - that's scary!

One of the first apartments my husband and I lived in was on the top (18th) floor of a high rise apartment complex. There was a notice posted inside the front door of each upper floor apartment, saying that the fire department ladders can only reach up to the 7th floor. So, I guess if you live past the 7th floor, and there's a major fire, trapping you in your apartment, you're pretty much screwed.

I only took the stairs once when I lived that high up, when I came home from work one evening, and the power was out. Climbing up 18 flights of stairs nearly killed me!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Dk's Wife said...

They sell those cake pop bakers/cooker things now. I know. I just bought one for a co-worker ;) I am with you though, unless someone is wearing gloves making the cake pops, I don't want to eat them.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I stopped my subscription as well. Just not enough to warrant keeping it (although their models do look like real folks)

I've never seen a cake pop but the idea of them sounds gross.

9:38 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

aww, thanks so much for the IK love! i would love to see your scarf when you are finished.

i am contractually obligated not to make any statements about IK or its models. ok, not really. :-)

i've never heard of a cake pop but it doesn't sound like something i'd ever be interested in.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Man, I never even considered the hand thing with cake pops. Hmmm, time to reconsider.

I hate elevators too. I'm on the 7th floor at work and will try to take the stairs unless I'm running late. I am horribly out of shape, so usually sweating and panting by the time I get there, but I'd rather die by heart attack form climbingstairs than getting killed in an elevator.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home