Monday, December 05, 2011

Skinny Weekend

It wasn't a four day weekend, so I didn't get as much as I could get done.

But I finished up a couple of Christmas projects.

I'll go ahead and post them because I don't think they visit my blog (just their mom, my Younger Brother's wife).

002

I made a pair of Dumplings!

Too cute, right?

I hope my younger niece isn't to adverse to pink. I just really dig that fabric. Even before I was rocking the Quad X chromosomes.

003
Shouldn't a dumpling be stuffed?

The other one is for my 16 year old niece.

She really digs the band Blink 182. Dr. Mad Scientist used to go to their concerts back before they hit the big-big time (they weren't unknown, but they weren't too mainstream either). He had a couple of concert shirts that had seen way better days* so I cut out the logos/art on them before they hit the scrap heap.

004

The original pattern called for just ribbons on the zipper pulls, but I have more coordinating beads than I do ribbons.

This was a really easy pattern and if you're new to the realm of zippers, definitely check this pattern out.

Tomorrow I'll post what else I accomplished on my normal 2-day weekend.




*Now that I think about it--Blink 182 released their first album when Dr. Mad Scientist and I were 16--my niece's age. Oof. Yeah, now I feel old!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

I was all set to say how adorable those zipper pulls were... until I realized i was also 16 when the first album came out. I feel so ooooooooold.....

7:23 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Well done:) what size zippers? I have some to make soon too!

9:29 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Those are SO cute! Repurposing a vintage (as opposed to old!) t-shirt makes the Blink 182 one even cooler. And you know I love the pink....

10:19 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Those look fantastic! I especially love the pink one, of course!

Keyka Lou has the best sewing patterns. I've bought a few from her.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are sooooo cute!!! I think whats her name will LOVE the pink!!

Boy! I wish that I had your brain here to pick so that I could come up with some coooool gifts!!!

Love, Mom

PS: Sorry I didn't want to give away who these gifts are for. So if their Mom is reading this forgive me!

12:13 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

You are my recycling hero. The Blink 182 bag is priceless }:0)

6:27 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

very nice! it's a fun pattern, isn't it?

8:09 AM  
Blogger grandmastatus said...

Hah! blink 182... way to make me feel old.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

those are cute! I won't tell you what was on the radio when I was 16... or how old I was when Blink 182 put out their first album... talk about feeling old, haha!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

wow! those look fabulous.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home