Tuesday, December 06, 2011

St. Nicholas

Today is St. Nicholas day.

And in honor of such a day, I give you the rest of the fruits of my weekend.

002

Oh yes, it's a Mochimochi explosion!!

These are patterns out of Anna Hrachovec's latest book Teeny Tiny Mochimochi.

The Santa is actually a modification of her teeny tiny gnome pattern.

I sort of wish I had put a row of white at the start of his hat. Ah well.

And now that I'm browsing her website, for $2 you can buy a REAL Teeny Tiny Santa pattern. Ah well!

On a total tangent--today is the saint's name day for Mr. Moochie. His saint's name day is extremely close to his birthday, of course. We didn't plan it that way.

Oddly enough, St. Chunky Day is a few days after his birthday.

001

Since Baby Bez 3.0 is due in March, if we kept with this inadvertent trend of naming our kids close to their saint's day, we would have to name her Patricia. Ha ha!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Cute little characters you knitted!

The picture of the boys is cute too - I love their matching outfits! I remember my mom dressing my close in age younger sister and I in matching outfits when we were kids, and how I hated it - I thought it was so embarrassing, ha, ha!

I had no idea it was St. Nicholas day until my son told me that I should have left some candy in his shoe (somehow, leaving it in a shoe sounds kind of gross).

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy St Moochie Day!! Cute pic of those boys!

Yikes! I hope you don't name her Patricia!!! I put something in the Christmas box for her and tagged the present to RK!

Cute little Santa and reindeer! Are you putting them in your village?

Love, Mom

11:43 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

You have a village? Do show }:0)
You could duplicate stitch a white row on that santa hat.
I broke down and got that book. Maybe in the New Year I'll use it!

4:17 AM  
Blogger Kaye said...

Don't worry Mom. My Big Boss's name is Patrick so there will be NO little Patricia. That's how rumors get started!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I was going to suggest duplicate stitches for the white (but someone beat me to it). The boys are so big (and quite handsome).

7:34 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Those are cute! Love that picture of the boys!

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Rocky Moreno said...

Those are too cute!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Those are so cute! So are the boys!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home