Friday, December 30, 2011

Year in Review - Part 2

Now I'll highlight a few of my faves from my other more recent hobby--sewing/quilting--that I finished this year.

First off, 2011 was the year Toni Janome came into my life.

100_9917.jpg

With knitting I always hear people say "Don't skimp on tools!" But quite honestly, I learned to knit, and knit just fine on my Susan Bates and Boye cheapy-cheap needles. And Red Heart yarn does have it's place!

I discovered that this "rule" applies much more to sewing than knitting. This point hit home when I first fired Toni up--she sews like buttah!

2011 appears to have been the Year of the Dress.

100_0383

Seersucker shirtdress. I love wearing this on sweltering Jersey summer days.

100_0748

Can you tell what pose I prefer? This dress reminds me of Springs. I finished it up while hanging out with him the day before we put him down. He was so frail and weak, but still able to follow me around as I sewed this and tried it on.

001.JPG

This was, and still is, a real winner--the Bob Bob Jammies!

And of course there were a couple of quilts as I dipped my toes into that pool.

100_0348

The "wonky" Amish Roman Stripe quilt that survived the great infestation.

And of course, my favorite--

Dissected Frog Wall Hanging

The dissected frog wall hanging that now hangs in Dr. Mad Scientist's classroom. Hee hee.

Oh and before I wrap this up, I have to share what my true love gave to me on our 12th year of marriage--

001

Meet Trevor. I can't believe we're a 3 cat family now. He's still warming up to his new surroundings (as you can tell from the picture of him cowering in the junk closet). I hope he turns out to be a nice lap cat.

Nothing says "I love you" like kitty cat!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Have you been busy or WHAT???

Another Kitty!!

Love, Mom

7:44 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Happy Kitty, enjoy!

Also, you have inspired me to learn how to sew. Maybe 2012 is the year I finally learn...

8:30 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Happy Anniversary (a little late) - and, I think that 'feline' should definitely be the 12th anniversary gift... slightly more snuggly than gems or silk, right? ;)

10:34 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Awww, what an adorable kitty, and what an awesome anniversary gift!

My dad found my current kitty for me 10 years ago (she was stray) a week or two after my previous kitty died, right around Christmas (interestingly, both were/are black and white, my favorite kind of cat). I always say my cat is the best gift I've ever gotten.

I love all of the sewing projects, too, but especially the frog quilt and the purple and white dress.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Love that amish quilt!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home