Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year in Review - Part 3 - The End

My last installment of this oh-so-exciting series of posts will focus on the experiences we had in 2011.

I'll start with the bad:

100_0318

May and July saw us battling the Great Infestation. I wouldn't wish this shit upon my worst enemy. Specifically because right now, my worst enemy resides above us, and that would just mean we'd end up with them again!

100_6445

We said a tearful goodbye to Springs at the end of June. He was an Old Man Cat, and he led a wonderful life of lap whoring. I still miss my sweet little Mr. McDoodle.

And finally, September saw Chunky breaking his elbow in spectacular style.

005

Luckily, he bounced back amazingly and all that remains now, 3 months post-break, is a small scar on his elbow.

And we'll end with the good:

100_0145.JPG

In April we did Niagara Falls with Grandma and Grandpa Mad Scientist. Niagara Falls is a really cool place. I totally recommend seeing it once before you die. However, if you go during the off season like we did, while you will enjoy no crowds, it will be COLD!

100_0519

Memorial Day saw us doing a long weekend in Philadelphia with my Youngest Younger Sister. Again, awesome city. That's one thing I do love about being this far east. There's cool historical stuff everywhere.

100_0963

2011 was basically the Year of the Relative. In August we met up with my Aunt Jaywalker and Grandma at Howe Caverns, NY. Grandma comes to visit Aunt Jaywalker in MA every year and some years we'll determine a tourist attraction that's halfway between where she lives in MA and where we live in NJ. This year was Howe Caverns. Again, uber-fun day trip!

001

This was the year Chunky convinced us to let him play football. We've never been a really sportsy set of parents, but we always said, if one of our kids asked to play a sport, we would let him. And Chunky asked. And it was a blast. Although I don't know how the hell real Soccer Moms do it. No way could I keep up with practice and game schedules for a whole year.

001

2011 was also my first Rhinebeck! Yes, I understand what all the hype is all about. And it's all true. Definitely something to put on your knitter bucket list!

100_1229.JPG

2011 was also the Year of the Cat. With Springs's passing, we introduced Happy Feet (above) and her boy, Trevor, to our family.

And finally rounding out the good--something that will spill over into 2012--

011

The conception of Baby Bez 3.0--finally a girl!

So, as you can see, the "goods" definitely outweighed the "bads" of 2011.

Here's hoping to at the very least an even balance of the same in 2012!

Happy New Year!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

:) Here's to an even balance! happy New Year!

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!!

I chould not have said this any better!! The BAD mixed with the GOOD adds to the spice of life!!

Love, Mom

10:17 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Aaw, look at Moochie in the philly photo - adorably exhausted. Here's to a fabulously pink 2012 :0)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Sounds like you had a great year overall, despite the few bad things. Hope 2012 is even better for you and your family!

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!! I agree with what your Mom said.

Maybe this year Sean & Heather will be able to meet up with you when they are out East.

Love, Aunt Susan

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

3.0 is some cute! She looks just like Chunky :-)

I love the picture of Moochie asleep in the stroller. It's been a good year for the Bezzies!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Ultra sounds have come a long way. 2011 was an interesting year. I'm hoping for a very dull 2012. Dull is good in my book.

Happy New Year!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home