Monday, January 23, 2012

Beware of Monkeys In Trenchcoats!

Happy Chinese New Year!

2012 is the Year of the Dragon. Apparently a lucky year--and soon we'll have our own little dragon baby to add to our snake and rat.

Even though there is debate whether these were first made by a Japanese American or a Chinese American in either L.A. or San Francisco--the key word in both of those descriptors is "American."

These cookies are distinctly American!

009

I'll have to post the recipe later--basically if you google "fortune cookie recipe" you're going to get what I used.

They were nowhere near as daunting as the recipe said they would be. They are time consuming though because I only ventured to bake two at a time.

The best part was coming up with the fortunes to stick in them--like the title of this post.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I was wondering if you had put the fortunes in them!!

OK! I will beware of Monkeys in Trenchcoats!!

Love, Mom

7:53 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

You made homemade fortune cookies - how cool! My kids love fortune cookies. My local discount grocery store sells fortune cookies in the produce section, and my kids always nag me to buy them when we go there. Yours look just as nice as the store bought ones!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I've seen the recipe before and knew I'd only be able to do one or two at a time. I didn't think I'd be able to work fast enough to do more than that.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe...would love to see your fortunes, especially this title ;)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Love these!!!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Homemade fortune cookies? I'm in awe, seriously. How do you find the time?

5:43 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

You made your own fortune cookies?? You rock!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home