Monday, January 30, 2012

Double Trouble

Today you get TWO cookies of the week!

Woo hoo!

Snickerdoodle Blondies

First up are snickerdoodle blondies.

These were sweeping the web (at least in the circles I run in) about six months ago.

And for good reason!

Snickerdoodle Blondies

They were delish.

Well OK, I didn't eat them. I did have a bite of the "leftover" blondies that were left behind after I cookie-cut out the hearts.

These actually were a big thank you to a fellow knitter who gave me probably 100 lbs of baby girl clothes leftover from her daughter this weekend.

I won't have to dress Baby Bez 3.0 for literally a year!

The cookie of the week for the lunches were Chocolate Coconut Toffee Delights.

Chocolate coconut toffee cookies

Oh mama!

Preheat your oven to 350. Melt a cup of chocolate chips in the microwave. Add the melted chocolate chips to 1/4 cup of butter (cut into pieces). Mix in 3/4 cup of brown sugar. Mix in 2 eggs and then 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder and a 1/2 cup of flour. Lastly add a cup and a half of shredded coconut, a cup of toffee bits and a cup of chocolate chips. Bake your cookies for about 9 minutes. They're quite chewy and quite delicious.

Even Dr. Mad Scientist, who claims not to really dig chocolate (I guess I skipped over that part when I was vetting him for mate-material!) really liked them.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! those look good!!!

Dr. MS may not like chocolate but he has other things going for him. He is the father to my grandkids!

Love, Mom

11:59 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Both of the look so delicious!!! Great score on baby clothes too!!

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Mmmmmmm...

Obviously the lack of chocolate love wasn't a deal breaker!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Those look so good. I love toffee bits in cookies but no one else in my family does. Would it be too selfish to make some just for me?

8:30 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

wow those second ones sound amazing!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Y said...

I think you should start an online business where we (okay, or maybe just ME) can order cookies you make. :)

11:33 AM  
Blogger whichendisup said...

I think Leili was right about being a "real" baker! Holy macaroni & cheese those chocolate toffee things look so friggin good! Thanks again for the yumminess. :-D

11:59 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Those both look delicious! Lucky you with the baby clothes, too!

2:40 PM  
Blogger florapie said...

Oh my goodness! I was all set to run to the kitchen and make those cookies when I remembered there was no coconut in the house. And no skor chips, for that matter. Off to the store tomorrow!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Those blondies look AMAZING. Must. Bake. NOW!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home